Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puller for plastic wall anchors

Default Puller for plastic wall anchors

We all live in homes. We all mount things to our walls. We all use plastic wall anchors sometimes. We all need to remove these anchors sometimes and fill the holes. It has been my experience trying to pull them out of the wall is not always so easy. Grabbing them with needle nose pliers most times ends up with a piece breaking off and most of the anchor is still in the wall. Threading a screw in partially and pulling with pliers is less than perfect.

But now ladies and gentlemen we have the perfect solution. May I introduce you to my wine cork puller converted to a plastic anchor puller!!!! I cut off the corkscrew and welded a normal screw to the remaining shaft. Now we have a plastic anchor puller.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Clever and nicely done! You know, years back when I managed and maintained a bunch of rental units this would have been a genuinely useful gadget to have.

That's what I like about visiting this forum.
    We are making the world a better place by eliminating one petty annoyance at a time.
    There is hope for mankind after all!!

Quote Originally Posted by alanganes View Post
    Clever and nicely done! You know, years back when I managed and maintained a bunch of rental units this would have been a genuinely useful gadget to have.

That's what I like about visiting this forum.
    We are making the world a better place by eliminating one petty annoyance at a time.
    There is hope for mankind after all!!
    I will try to get someone to take a video of it in use. It really works great. We have a large home and lots of pictures and fixtures so it will be really handy I think.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

You can sometimes just cut off the flange and push it on into the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnl View Post
    Bingo, they are meant to go in one way and resist the other esp. when a screw is inserted, once the flange is removed they will just continue their journey into the dead space and drop to the floor with no further damage to the wall...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnl View Post
    That's what I always do/did. In the first old house in Ohio, it had plaster over slat walls. The PO used those plug anchors for everything. And if you looked down a wall, you could see some that were painted over. I just used a single edge razor (in a holder) and cut the flange off and pushed them through the wall. Most of the holes would cover with a little spackling. The aluminum ones were a little more work. I drilled the flange off and a little below the surface then plastered over them.

Nice solution. Those kind I've always just done as above and pushed them through. When we bought our place the previous owners used the screw in type. Everywhere. I have a lifetime supply of those suckers even after giving a bunch away, and haven't used a push in one since.

I think he's just begging for an "oh fuque moment" lol he's pulling them out directly in the way they are engineered not too...

might just take some plaster and all's good again but if you have textured walls and you pull an inch and a half round piece out it could prove to be a real PITA to match things back up...

I don't even bother cutting the flange off. I just drive them in a little more and fill over.

My ex wife was always hanging stuff in my last house. I swear I must have filled at least 200 holes while fixing it up for sale. Most were just nails so a smaller issue.

I live alone now and have only put a total of two holes in the wall for some coat pegs. My solution is to not put holes in the wall to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    I think he's just begging for an "oh fuque moment" lol he's pulling them out directly in the way they are engineered not too...

might just take some plaster and all's good again but if you have textured walls and you pull an inch and a half round piece out it could prove to be a real PITA to match things back up...

Go ahead and rain on my parade. I can take it! Now Wait I just figured out all the negativity. ypu ate a wine xrinker! Wine abuse.