Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puller for plastic wall anchors

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    Go ahead and rain on my parade. I can take it! Now Wait I just figured out all the negativity. ypu ate a wine xrinker! Wine abuse.

at the very least JB weld a washer on the end of the base of your "apparatus" that has an ID just large enough to slip over the flange, that way your mistakes will be reduced to a small area lol

Wait, I don't see how that works.....?????

The part the screw goes into is the part that doubles up back against the inside of the wall. Unless you just mean the plastic ones that expand a bit. There are heavier duty ones also plastic, that double up just like the metaal ones, and those it seems you might have to grab the flange so that they straighten out again as they come out (or cut the flange and push)

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post

The part the screw goes into is the part that doubles up back against the inside of the wall. Unless you just mean the plastic ones that expand a bit. There are heavier duty ones also plastic, that double up just like the metaal ones, and those it seems you might have to grab the flange so that they straighten out again as they come out (or cut the flange and push)
    All I did was screw in the screw just enough to get a good hold on the anchor not all the way in the anchor. In A.K.'s defense it took a lot more force to actually extract the anchor than I thought it would.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post

You don't run the screw all the way in, just enough to grab the anchor without expanding the rear. Then gently pull it out. The kind that have the expanding tripod rear have a large front. Pull them out just enough to cut them off with a razor blade scraper. For goofs, spackle, then use the aerosol can of spray texture from HD or Lowes, If you get it on too heavy, wipe it off and try again. I like to cut a mask about the same size as the repaired spot, hold it about an inch away and make a couple of quick, light passes over it. If it looks right, let it dry and paint. My experience after many years of owning rentals.

push them into the wall, that use the corkscrew to open a bottle of wine. Unless of course that doesn't contravene some Bavarian wall interior purity law, complete with DIN standard

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    push them into the wall, that use the corkscrew to open a bottle of wine. Unless of course that doesn't contravene some Bavarian wall interior purity law, complete with DIN standard
    I don't live in Bavaria! I don't drink any alcohol so I don't need a corkscrew!
    Last edited by Black Forest; 06-12-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by strokersix View Post
    I don't even bother cutting the flange off. I just drive them in a little more and fill over.
    That worked for the Chinese versions. They didn't have much of a flange and the flange was split with the spreading segments. Before China took over all US manufacturing, you couldn't just push them through or you'd take half the wall with it.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the one about "Tools you never use".
    Sorry BF.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    That worked for the Chinese versions. They didn't have much of a flange and the flange was split with the spreading segments. Before China took over all US manufacturing, you couldn't just push them through or you'd take half the wall with it.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the one about "Tools you never use".
    Sorry BF.
    I don't think you really are sorry. You wait till you see the video. Then we will see who has the last laugh!

We have real walls in Europe so you can't push them anywhere, it's a blind hole in solid bricks and mortar.

Quote Originally Posted by ikdor View Post
    We have real walls in Europe so you can't push them anywhere, it's a blind hole in solid bricks and mortar.
    We used to build that kind of wall here. But we soon realized that we needed insulation more than we needed to keep the invaders out.