Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's our resident antique outboard motor guy?

Default Who's our resident antique outboard motor guy?

The one that fixes the little guys up & collects 'em on purpose.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Andy

LOL (great movie that was)

We used to have a Bearcat 55 4 stroke outboard, and a Winner "Pink Panther."
    First four-stroke outboard, and I think the first fiberglass boat. It was dropped off at the dump after it was seen shooting oil out the cooling line.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

My favorites are Waterwitches.

Andy

very unique! I googled them to see more and actually seen the one in your pic running, pretty cool - if the jetsons used outboards they would be waterwitches lol

Do you know of any old outboards with a full holding circle around the motor like a steering wheel for reverse and all the other positions? I think that would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    My favorites are Waterwitches.

Hey Andy-
    I'm wondering if you know a guy my way that is quite the collector of outboard motors?
    His name is Steve Shehadi. He's got a couple of those Waterwitches too.
    Couple of Indians, and a bunch of others.
    BYW, that's a very nice resto!

Sid

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Do you know of any old outboards with a full holding circle around the motor like a steering wheel for reverse and all the other positions? I think that would be kinda cool.

Nelson log bronc

I'm not into collecting and restoring old outboards, but I've got a couple. One old Sears circa 1950 5HP with a Tecumseh powerhead, and an early 70s Wards Seaking 7.5hp. My dad's got a couple as well. We haven't run any of those old motors in ages. I know the Sears Tecumseh runs. Not sure about the SeaKing. They are notorious for fuel pump failures. As long as its been sitting I am sure it needs a new diaphragm. My dad's also got a couple old Evinrudes (60s maybe) in pieces on the shelf in his shop.

You know I might just might have to light up one of those old motors. I've got a 14' shallow V in the yard I've been thinking about turning into a rock hopper. Before I start cutting for a tunnel and sponsons I need to leak check it. I figure if I take it out I'll want to fish a little... Might as well have something to push it around with besides paddles. Its rated for 25HP, but this is just for a leak test. I've already got the motor and jet pump I plan to assemble for it.
    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 06-12-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.