Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Recommend SIMPLE single axis DRO

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    A. I'm not making anything beyond mounts for the scale. No time for that, and no desire. I need to purchase it and get going.

    B. The Ditron is everything I specifically DO NOT NEED OR WANT. It is at least 3x larger and have less than zero use for the various functions. This is a travel only application.

    I actually have a few scales laying about, too. If I could purchase a readout I would be open to it. However, I figured that as long as I have to purchase something and it is only one axis, I may as well purchase something newer than 20 years old.
    Good luck

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #12

    Default

    Hard to beat Mitutoyo products.
    https://www.higherprecision.com/prod...ype-539-115-40

    Of course you will also have to buy a head to read it, I imagine one could gather all of the required components for less then $1500.00

    Heidenhain is another source of even more accurate linear scales but a bit more expensive.
    Last edited by Bented; 06-13-2019 at 08:18 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tropical Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bented View Post
    Hard to beat Mitutoyo products.
    https://www.higherprecision.com/prod...ype-539-115-40
    Of course you will also have to buy a head to read it, I imagine one could gather all of the required components for less then $1500.00
    Heidenhain is another source of even more accurate linear scales but a bit more expensive.
    LIke I wrote earlier - I have a number of Mitutoyo scales on hand. I would though, need a readout/counter for one. Are you aware of an economical readout that will interface with them? Alternatively, if there is an affordable kit of reader and scale that will perform as requested earlier I'm happy to learn about them, as well.

    Thanks.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX, USA
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    LIke I wrote earlier - I have a number of Mitutoyo scales on hand. I would though, need a readout/counter for one. Are you aware of an economical readout that will interface with them? Alternatively, if there is an affordable kit of reader and scale that will perform as requested earlier I'm happy to learn about them, as well.

    Thanks.
    most likely TouchDRO would work with them, at the cost of a tablet and some Bluetooth shenanigans and little money. But it would take time/ effort to cobble together which I think you said you wanted to avoid.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Setubal, Portugal
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    most likely TouchDRO would work with them, at the cost of a tablet and some Bluetooth shenanigans and little money. But it would take time/ effort to cobble together which I think you said you wanted to avoid.
    I think Yuri sells readymade units
    Helder Ferreira
    Setúbal, Portugal

  6. #16

    Default

    No, can not think of anything that is cheap and will do what you require.

    AcuRite makes single axis encoders as well, they may be cheaper then Mits or Heidenhain.

    Upon further research AcuRite is owned by Heidenhain and promotes itself as being made in the USA. Roll the dice, from the price point I believe you are only going to find something close to what you want from an Asian manufacturer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •