Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: OT: Cat bite is nothing to ignore!

I got bitten by a cat this morning, as I was sleeping the black cat (5 months) got into the bedroom (we keep the door locked so they can't get it) and got on my chest and started gnawing on my chin while purring! Then on my ear, and it was 10 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. What a way to wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    How has your paw healed, BF? Is the fur fully sprouted?
    My hand is nearly 100%. There is still some stiffness but it seems to be getting less and less. Thanks for asking!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

I don't particularly like cats any more. They'll bite and scratch your eyes out for no reason but to see you bleed. It's like having Yellow Jackets for pets. They'll sting you just for the fun of it. We used to have stray cats coming by all the time. The rattlesnakes, owls and hawks keep them cleared now.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    I don't particularly like cats any more. They'll bite and scratch your eyes out for no reason but to see you bleed. It's like having Yellow Jackets for pets. They'll sting you just for the fun of it. We used to have stray cats coming by all the time. The rattlesnakes, owls and hawks keep them cleared now.
    Dogs too can bite and scratch unprovoked.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Dogs too can bite and scratch unprovoked.

Hahahaaaa!! JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Willy, that pic reminded me of this one.

Very ironic that I posted the pic this morning of the badger "pup".

I spoke to a friend this afternoon that lives down the road a few miles. He and his wife were out in the back yard late last night enjoying a small campfire and enjoying the night sky. We're both in a rural area so the skies are always conducive to some fabulous star gazing.

At any rate all of his dogs and cats had wondered off long ago and had retreated to their nests back at the house about 200 feet away.
    I think he said it was around midnight when he felt something rubbing underneath his lawn chair. He assumed that it was one of his critters stopping by to say goodnight so he just reached down and petted it without looking.
    He thought to himself while stroking the critter that something didn't feel right, like Fluffy or Rex were having a bad hair day or something. So he bent forward in order to look under his lawn chair only to find a full grown badger!

To say that many bricks were shat would be an understatement. However neither he nor his wife panicked as the light of the campfire now fully displayed what buddy was petting. They simply stared at each other quietly saying WTF? to one and other as the badger slowly walked off as if nothing was amiss.

I live about a mile from a good sized family group of badgers, I think the clan has been at that location for many years. I've seen them up close many times late at night and have always thought that I would not want to get in their face. Glad to see that my friend remained calm as I'm sure it would have been a less humorous tale if he would have freaked out. Not fun when you find yourself sitting on a powder keg. LOL
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Can't do that around here anymore. You'd be petting a 6' rattle snake, cougar or 600 pound hog! We used to sit out back watching the satellites, ISS or meteor shower in the dark of night. San Antonio is about 25-30 miles away so the glow on the horizon wasn't too bad. Just can't get out at night like we used to. If you do, you better be armed. There's stuff out here that will eat you. The wildlife is taking over the place!

Had the pleasure of seeing a night time landing of one of the shuttles streaking across the sky at ~17,000 mph. Don't recall which one it was but it sure was a light show. After watching is almost disappear into the horizon, we rushed inside just in time to see it touch-down at Cape Kennedy. All this was over a mere minute or so.