Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A useful painting tool

Is this blue cloth not paper you are using? I've not seen that in the uk for a couple of decades. We used to get the box of blue rags which was the washroom roller towels cut up but when the washroom went to paper and blowers the supply chain broke. We now have rolls of blue paper towel. I suppose they keep colouring it blue for historical reasons and to stop people using it as loo roll.

edit. Google seemed to show boxes of ex surgical towel rags but discontinued. Would be squeamish about using that as a source but it seems someone is providing ex tee-shirt rags.
    Last edited by Baz; 06-30-2019 at 02:49 PM.

It's a blue paper towel, but it is treated so the paper is tougher, and does not shed fibers, they are bonded together somewhat. Common stuff at the auto parts stores, works well for a host of uses beside just as a wiper material, although it works for that also.

For general shop rag use, not cleaning gobs of grease, etc, I got a big bag of "red rags" a while back. They are cloth, around 300mm x 250mm, hemmed on the edges, made to be "shop rags". I wash them when I have a bunch dirty. If they are really bad, I soak them in a bucket of detergent solution first.
    Last edited by J Tiers; 06-30-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    It's a blue paper towel, but it is treated so the paper is tougher, and does not shed fibers, they are bonded together somewhat. Common stuff at the auto parts stores, works well for a host of uses beside just as a wiper material, although it works for that also.

For general shop rag use, not cleaning gobs of grease, etc, I got a big bag of "red rags" a while back. They are cloth, around 300mm x 250mm, hemmed on the edges, made to be "shop rags". I wash them when I have a bunch dirty. If they are really bad, I soak them in a bucket of detergent solution first.
    I reuse scraps from the home. Worn washcloths towels. Old T-shirts that is too stained to wear ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller cleaner attachment for drill - press fir into roller, place in bucket soak and spin 5-10 times

"Indexable" paint holder, inserts are cut from a garage door sweep - also good for wood glue, contact cement, acid brush etc