Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight disappointment

Default Harbor Freight disappointment

All set to take advantage of the July 4th, 25% off coupon to buy the nice US General tool cabinet.
    Nope.
    "*Cannot be used...any of the following items...storage cabinets..."
    And on the 4th of July of all holidays.
    Len

Hi,

Yep, the General toolboxes very, very seldom qualify for the heavy coupons. HF knows they got a winner there.
    If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Hah, anyone notice that often times when certain items go on sale, they are only discounted by 20%, which you can simply use the every day 20% coupon on?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QSIMDO View Post
    All set to take advantage of the July 4th, 25% off coupon to buy the nice US General tool cabinet.
    Nope.
    "*Cannot be used...any of the following items...storage cabinets..."
    And on the 4th of July of all holidays.
    Yup .... there is a ton of stuff that is never allowed in the 20% and 25% discounts. What adds insult to injury is the fine print is literally so small that I have trouble reading it even with a magnifying glass.
    Last edited by DATo; 07-04-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Or the perpetual "huge price blowout" "tool disposal" that feature their everyday prices?

I will say that having bought the 44" model complete set for my box at work.You won't find anything as nice on the market for less than 2x's what they are selling these for.

My only gripe,unless they have changed,is that each section takes a different style of key.Not a different key,but different style of key,so having the locks keyed alike is not an option.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Wasn't always that way..

About 8-10 years ago I bought the 4ft long base cabinet, it was on sale and I was also able to use a 25% coupon, my net cost was just a touch over $200. Those were the days !

There are specific coupons for the boxes. Those boxes are such a good deal you shouldn't complain. BTW a simple test for a coupon is to place the item in your online shopping cart and try to apply the couple code. Its it applies it should work in the store.

One week before July 4th they had a twenty percent off any and all brands. This was a very rare occurrence located in the hill country of Texas, possibly because of a grand opening.

I have never been disappointed at Harbor Freight. They invariably are exactly as I expect. I expect crap and get it.

metalmagpie

Quote Originally Posted by metalmagpie View Post
    I have never been disappointed at Harbor Freight. They invariably are exactly as I expect. I expect crap and get it.

metalmagpie
    No kidding..... They sell crap at a high markup, and even then the prices look low..... what does THAT tell you?

Like a clothing store.... normal markup 6x to 10x..... they can blow it out at 75% off of list and still not lose money..... HF probably does not get quite to that degree, but they do OK..... So do slumlords, for the same reasons..... seeing a pattern here?

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan