Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How do you move a 10ee?

Quote Originally Posted by macona View Post
    The new 10ees out of the factory use either a 10 or 15hp motor with a VFD, its the only way to get the low end torque. Unfortunately you just cant throw a VFD on the machine as you need to power other stuff and you may get an unbalanced load.

If you are lucky you will have the WIAD tube drive. These things run off of single phase and are pretty nice.
    Modular-drive machines, which came after the WIAD machines, also run off single phase. In addition, you can buy solid-state replacements for the tubes and module for reasonable money compared to buying tubes. See this link. That said, my tubes have lasted fine for 10 years in home-shop use, and I have a spare, used set with life left.

To the extent you can even buy a new 10EE, I understood you would get a 7.5-HP VFD-driven motor with a back gear. For a while allegedly you could get a 10-HP VFD-driven motor without the back gear, but Monarch discontinued it.

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    Thank you for the help. I will post new pictures when I get the machines home. I suppose a rotary phase converter is in my future.
    Want to visit Ohio? I have one I'd let go for cheap. Warning ... IT'S BIG AND HEAVY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
    Want to visit Ohio? I have one I'd let go for cheap. Warning ... IT'S BIG AND HEAVY.
    I am taking a break from moving heavy items!

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    I am taking a break from moving heavy items!
    What? You've changed jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    What? You've changed jobs?
    No, I still just push buttons while others move heavy objects. They do not want us to help load cargo. The floor is motorized with drive wheels, and joysticks along the sides of the airplane for the load masters to move the pallets.