Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone want a Lathemaster 8x14 lathe + some tooling? Tampa, FL area.

Default Does anyone want a Lathemaster 8x14 lathe + some tooling? Tampa, FL area.

This offer is for any regular member on here that lives nearby for pickup. With the unexpected 10EE, I do not need a third lathe in my tiny workshop.
    Bad news is that I sold the change gears to some one else as I was going to convert it to CNC. The good news is that I'll give you the ballscrews I purchased for it if you want to do your own CNC conversion.
    I am not going to sell it locally here, too many tire kickers to waste my time. Rather one of you make use of it. I might even give you some other tools, I need to clean out stuff.

Darn, I'm too far away or I'd take you up on it!

Sent you PM

Hi Wildcat, the offer is for regular members, you only have 5 posts. It's free to a regular member.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

He's been a member since 2016, it took me a long time before I felt comfortable posting. Stu

Very well, it's his if he wants it. PM sent

Last edited by RB211; 07-11-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    Very well, it's his if he wants it. PM sent

Pretty nice gesture, I think we can all learn from this!
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

I hope he's dirt poor as he will appreciate it and take care of it, I would hate to see it go to someone who's just an opportunist and using it as a means to just turn around and make a buck, in fact it would have been one of my initial demands --- that is - if I wasn't dirt poor and actually had nice stuff like that to give away lol

Kudo's RB...

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    I hope he's dirt poor as he will appreciate it and take care of it, I would hate to see it go to someone who's just an opportunist and using it as a means to just turn around and make a buck, in fact it would have been one of my initial demands --- that is - if I wasn't dirt poor and actually had nice stuff like that to give away lol

Kudo's RB...
    I've been dirt poor for 95% of my working life and shop-less. For once I am in a situation where I get more enjoyment helping others than I do making some money back. Right now at least, money is good, and I can do this. May not be the case forever, being that aviation is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    I've been dirt poor for 95% of my working life and shop-less. For once I am in a situation where I get more enjoyment helping others than I do making some money back. Right now at least, money is good, and I can do this. May not be the case forever, being that aviation is what it is.
    Seems to be some question whether i should even have asked or whether im deserving.
    I cant answer either question. Others will have to determine those answers.
    As noted i've been a member for quite awhile on this and other sites, read almost daily but rarely post, as already noted. One of the reasons i initially responded by pm.

I can honestly say im just starting out in machining, have a 1941 pre ww2 hendey and a 80's or earlyly 90's summit b'port clone, both of which have been painstakingly rebuilt and had / have no intention or thought of resell of this lathe.

Being on the move for 26+ years with uscg meant no excess weight for military moves, so no shop.

While i would really like to have this lathe it may be a better idea to just pass and let someone else take advantage of your kind offer. I will leave that decision with originator.
    Thank you