Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone want a Lathemaster 8x14 lathe + some tooling? Tampa, FL area.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatfan View Post
    Seems to be some question whether i should even have asked or whether im deserving.
    I cant answer either question. Others will have to determine those answers.
    As noted i've been a member for quite awhile on this and other sites, read almost daily but rarely post, as already noted. One of the reasons i initially responded by pm.

I can honestly say im just starting out in machining, have a 1941 pre ww2 hendey and a 80's or earlyly 90's summit b'port clone, both of which have been painstakingly rebuilt and had / have no intention or thought of resell of this lathe.

Being on the move for 26+ years with uscg meant no excess weight for military moves, so no shop.

While i would really like to have this lathe it may be a better idea to just pass and let someone else take advantage of your kind offer. I will leave that decision with originator.
    Thank you
    Wildcat, thank you for your service, the lathe is yours if you want it. I just didn't know who you were due to the low post count.
    If you're just starting out, do you need a 4x6 bandsaw? It isn't perfect but does cut.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RB211; 07-11-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    I just didn't know who you were due to the low post count.
    Or location. Surprised someone didnt ding you on that one. They do it often here. I dont. Sounds like it will make a nice addition to your shop., in Washington State LOL Kidding, JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Or location. Surprised someone didnt ding you on that one. They do it often here.
    Funny you mention that. I asked about RB211's location back when he was having so much trouble with his first PM lathe and lamented the lack of good American iron in his area. It was frustrating to read that complaint without a location - how can I argue the point without a location? After many pages of thread the state was finally posted.

That was quite a while back. It is a very good thing I was able to rub two brain cells together and remember, so was able to forward the 10ee auction with an admonishment that he "find a way!" to squeeze it in, because it would probably go cheap and it looked really good. It was also pretty amazing that he wasn't scheduled to work.

But yes, putting your location in your profile can be key to getting very special treats. This isn't the first time I've seen a really special machine come up for sale and wondered what regular HSM contributor in the area could benefit. This round dial machine looks like it could be a really exceptional example.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatfan View Post
    Seems to be some question whether i should even have asked or whether im deserving.
    I cant answer either question. Others will have to determine those answers.
    As noted i've been a member for quite awhile on this and other sites, read almost daily but rarely post, as already noted. One of the reasons i initially responded by pm.

I can honestly say im just starting out in machining, have a 1941 pre ww2 hendey and a 80's or earlyly 90's summit b'port clone, both of which have been painstakingly rebuilt and had / have no intention or thought of resell of this lathe.

Being on the move for 26+ years with uscg meant no excess weight for military moves, so no shop.

While i would really like to have this lathe it may be a better idea to just pass and let someone else take advantage of your kind offer. I will leave that decision with originator.
    Thank you
    He now pronounces you Man and Machine - you may spin the spindle... ohh ok there, lets not get carried away in front of everyone... sounds like it's going to a great home....