Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Hope Weirdscience can stay dry!

Exclamation OT - Hope Weirdscience can stay dry!

Things are looking bad for our neighbors in Louisiana. TS Barry is bringing a lot of rain to an already wet area. And the Mississippi River is near flood stage from all the rain upstream. Keep them in your relevant thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    Keep them in your relevant thoughts.
    Stay Weird Dry, oops, stay Dry Weird. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

What's going on- it was 100 degrees in Alaska a few days ago-gonna be chilly in the sahara soon?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Yep,this should be interesting.Really no way to predict what will happen with this one,looks right now to be a rain maker.

Luckily I'm about 160 ft above sea level,folks south of me are another story.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by darryl View Post
    What's going on- it was 100 degrees in Alaska a few days ago[...]
    -Yeah, for maybe a day.

We had a nice warm spell there for a bit- which is nothing new, we get 'em every few years. I recall an editorial comic in the paper back in the early 90s, where they joked about starting to call Alaska "The Sunshine State" because of a near-100 degree hot streak.

Right now, it's about 55-58F.

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Several years ago one of my daughters was working at Eielson AFB near Fairbanks. We went up to visit her in early July. Just before the trip I came down with a cold/flue-like condition, so I was really looking forward to some nice cool weather. ...damned if it wasn't hotter than Alabama! Plus, of course, round-the-clock sunlight to make sleeping nearly impossible.

Wierd science , where are u located? I’m in Baton Rouge. Will be working 12 hr shifts nightly no days off till this thing is over.

Looks like it may be coming right up to see us in MO.... Last time, with Ike, we had 7" rain in a few hours, and the area below us was flooded.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by akajun View Post
    Wierd science , where are u located? Iím in Baton Rouge. Will be working 12 hr shifts nightly no days off till this thing is over.
    Inland a bit on the Ms coast,north of Slidell.Get much wind over your way?Nothing here any worse than the typical Summer thunderstorm.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

We're in Beaumont, TX, just across the border from Louisiana and on I10, near the coast. Thing here are relatively calm, just a bit of rain and wind. We even went out to church and dinner tonight.

We have relatives in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area but things seem to be OK there too, at least so far. Even though the Mississippi was at flood stage before the storm, it seems the levies are holding. I hope and pray that continues.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!