Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for the big move

Default Getting ready for the big move

The rental place tried to give me a standard tandem axle trailer with no lift or tilt function. Luckily they had a 6x10 drop lift trailer they gave to me for the same price.

Bought 150$ worth of straps from rural King

And the 4x6 pallet assembled to Brian's directions.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the footprint of a KO Lee S718 surface grinder, and what's involved with removing the table? Can one lift the table by hand or should I bring my engine hoist? Does the base have screw holes?

Nice trailer!

Will those flat strap ends fit the anchors on the trailer? Is there room in each anchor for multiple straps to attach? Some trailer anchors are pretty small.

I have always bought the style, figuring they are more versatile. They can also be connected together, where I don't think the flat style can?

Also, if you ever use an enclosed truck with e-track, I don't think the wide style will be able to use the adapters.

https://www.ruralking.com/erickson-4...off-ring-59131

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    Nice trailer!

Will those flat strap ends fit the anchors on the trailer? Is there room in each anchor for multiple straps to attach? Some trailer anchors are pretty small.

I have always bought the style, figuring they are more versatile. They can also be connected together, where I don't think the flat style can?

Also, if you ever use an enclosed truck with e-track, I don't think the wide style will be able to use the adapters.

https://www.ruralking.com/erickson-4...off-ring-59131
    Good news is that the trailer is at my house right now and I can do some dry fitting to see what will jive and not jive

Cool, seems you are all set AND the straps, pallet and experience will come in handy for the next auction in a week or two LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_NY View Post
    Cool, seems you are all set AND the straps, pallet and experience will come in handy for the next auction in a week or two LOL
    Rented a Uhaul F150 xl today, I think the Prius needs to go, I need a nice pickup truck in my life. Would make doing this sort of thing much easier and cheaper.

So when is D day?

The foot print is 23" wide x 21" front to back. Approx weight is 1100 Lbs.

The table lifts off, nothing holding it down. If it has the hydraulic feed on the table make sure to unscrew the knob on the right side of the table and push the cylinder rod back a couple inches. If you try to lift the table with the rod connected...... well, you know what is going to happen.

The base has a hole in each corner inside. Great for bolting down to a pallet.

The table is quite heavy even with out the chuck mounted.
    I would remove it with an engine hoist or chain fall if you can so you don't ding up the ways.

JL...............
    Last edited by JoeLee; 07-12-2019 at 09:48 PM.

I allways take a assortment of Lagbolts and some short 2x6 with a lot of screws to rest tight to whatever machine your hauling and put lots of screws into the pallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_NY View Post
    So when is D day?
    Monday morning
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee View Post
    The foot print is 23" wide x 21" front to back. Approx weight is 1100 Lbs.

The table lifts off, nothing holding it down. If it has the hydraulic feed on the table make sure to unscrew the knob on the right side of the table and push the cylinder rod back a couple inches. If you try to lift the table with the rod connected...... well, you know what is going to happen.

The base has a hole in each corner inside. Great for bolting down to a pallet.

The table is quite heavy even with out the chuck mounted.
    I would remove it with an engine hoist or chain fall if you can so you don't ding up the ways.

JL...............
    5/8 bolts? 1/2" bolts? If I make hook welded to a plate, is that magnet strong enough to lift the table? On second thought, don't want to risk it... Thank you for the dimensions, and other information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    I allways take a assortment of Lagbolts and some short 2x6 with a lot of screws to rest tight to whatever machine your hauling and put lots of screws into the pallet.
    I have an assortment of 5/8 Iag bolts for the 10EE, but I need to still prepare for the surface grinder.
    What's the minimum pallet size or spacing for pallet jack forks?
    Last edited by RB211; 07-13-2019 at 12:10 AM.