Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help fix 4x6 bandsaw "Packard Precision" gear worn out

Yhanks, Cpeter, Ill call tomorrow.

Steve

Re Hamilton Brothers:

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.toolsupermarket.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CPeter View Post
    I just bought a matched set of bronze worm gear and steel worm and shaft from Hamilton Brothers Tool Empire in Beaver Falls PA. Telephone number 1-800-783-4766. The price was $57.99 delivered and it worked perfectly in my Northern Tool saw. The parts are identical to my Jet saw and probably all the others as well.

BTW, the bronze gear came pre-mounted on a new shaft.
    CPeter
    Hamilton Brothers Tool Empire's Facebook page shows it to be an interesting place. I will have to visit when I am in the area.

https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonTool/

That is them. An "interesting" place to deal with, but extremely helpful!! Ask for a catalog.
    CPeter

I spent 50$ for a new wheel then fitted it to the worm using valve grinding compound which took maybe 30 seconds. After everyone on the forum was finished screaming bloody murder as if I was using the bed of a 10EE as a welding table, I pressure washed the worm, gear, and box they sit in for about 30 minutes to make sure no trace of it was left or embedded in the wheel.
    A better fix would of been a sledgehammer then going to an auction to get a proper bandsaw.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CPeter View Post
    I just bought a matched set of bronze worm gear and steel worm and shaft from Hamilton Brothers Tool Empire in Beaver Falls PA. Telephone number 1-800-783-4766. The price was $57.99 delivered and it worked perfectly in my Northern Tool saw. The parts are identical to my Jet saw and probably all the others as well.

BTW, the bronze gear came pre-mounted on a new shaft.
    CPeter
    The difference is my price is new and yours is used. And it's all "As is where is"--If they happen to have it.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Good you mentioned the place though.

Well, I called Hamilton Tool, they were out of stock but were expecting more in 2 weeks. theirs will be 20 tooth gears, Phil thought I might have to replace both worm and wheel, he will check the C-C distance for me when they come in. Haven't heard from Grizzly yet.

Steve

Grizzley came back, thiers is 20t and $60. I tried to get a new saw from HF, not in stock. The 25% coupon I had won't work on saw.
    My gearbox is about 1.4 C-C of gears, worm is about 1.05 OD

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Steven View Post
    Grizzley came back, thiers is 20t and $60. I tried to get a new saw from HF, not in stock. The 25% coupon I had won't work on saw.
    My gearbox is about 1.4 C-C of gears, worm is about 1.05 OD

Steve
    Yes, I noticed that HF now limits what products that 20% coupon works on. My pallet truck also wouldn't take the 20% coupon. I'll just go elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk