Thread: OT - Help identifying unknown pewter item

Default OT - Help identifying unknown pewter item

Dad picked this thing up in a junk box at a yard sale.....

Both of use are stumped as to its purpose, and googling the company "seagull pewter" and scrolling through their library didn't produce anything. I figure with the wealth of knowledge here we could figure out what it's for. I've spent about 10-15 minutes googling and am throwing in the towel.

Anyone have any guesses? I thought it was some kind of spoon, with the hooked portion made for hanging on the side of a bucket. There is a very slight dish to the round part, but it would make a great diet spoon if you had to eat with it....Another guess was to hold a tea light on a rod through the hooked part.

have no idea, in these parts it's what you would call "queer and disturbin"

Awesome, thanks Reggie.

Honey spoon, eh? Well that raises more mysteries than it solves.
    What's a honey spoon? That is, what features make it more qualified for spooning honey than your every-day, garden variety spoon? ...and just how so?

There must be some special features, or uses of the features we can see, that made it worthwhile to make a special "honey spoon."

Or maybe it was just a special spoon that was particularly near and dear to someone: "Honey, have you seen my spoon? You know, the one my dear Grandma left to me?"

Quote Originally Posted by lynnl View Post
    Honey spoon, eh? Well that raises more mysteries than it solves.
    What's a honey spoon? That is, what features make it more qualified for spooning honey than your every-day, garden variety spoon? ...and just how so?

There must be some special features, or uses of the features we can see, that made it worthwhile to make a special "honey spoon."
    I believe it would be the viscous quality of the honey itself that's the reasoning behind the design of this spoon, broad and flat due to it clinging so much to stuff and also the hook part to set it back on the edge of the pot for proper draining

Or maybe it was just a special spoon that was particularly near and dear to someone: "Honey, have you seen my spoon? You know, the one my dear Grandma left to me?"
    then again - maybe you got something here lol

It looks like you could open a tin can with it, however ineloquently.
    Just needs a toothpick on the handle to be a true all-in-one!