Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has this Forum been Hacked?

Default Has this Forum been Hacked?

Last night for the first time in a week or so I was posting here. This morning I received another one of the scram emails asking for a Bitcoin ransom, with my forum password and saying unless I paid, my naughty emails would be posted all over the Web. I deleted as I normally do. I had one of them traced back to Russian Federation.
    Funny.... I only get them after I have posted here.

Yes, I have Nortons and its paranoid about everything.
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Last night for the first time in a week or so I was posting here. This morning I received another one of the scram emails asking for a Bitcoin ransom, with my forum password and saying unless I paid, my naughty emails would be posted all over the Web. I deleted as I normally do. I had one of them traced back to Russian Federation.
    Funny.... I only get them after I have posted here.

Yes, I have Nortons and its paranoid about everything.
    Well, change your password and turn off allowing others to send you an email.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    Well, change your password and turn off allowing others to send you an email.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So the only ones who can send me an email is a member here. How many Russian Federation members do we have and I'm I the only person reporting this scam?
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

How many Russian Federation members do we have and I'm I the only person reporting this scam?
    Yes my comrade, as far as I know you are the only one with this problem.

The suggestion to change your password is a good one and it should be done right away. Be sure to use a password specific to this site.
    George

Hello, my name is Nmingo Catbula and my uncle is the Nigerian Minister of Machining. He has 20,000 Tormach CNC machines held up in customs in the USA. If you will help us get these machines out of customs we will give you 500 Tormach Machines for your own use. All we need from you is your bank account and PIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
    Hello, my name is Nmingo Catbula and my uncle is the Nigerian Minister of Machining. He has 20,000 Tormach CNC machines held up in customs in the USA. If you will help us get these machines out of customs we will give you 500 Tormach Machines for your own use. All we need from you is your bank account and PIN.
    I insist that I also give you my SSN and my motherís maiden name I can also direct wire a payment for the shipping costs! I really appreciate this opportunity!!

How many Russian Federation members do we have?
    First rule of Russian Federation is no talking about Russian Federation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
    You might find this interesting / funny if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Uc-cztsJo

Quote Originally Posted by DATo View Post
    You might find this interesting / funny if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Uc-cztsJo
    Thanks for that! Hilarious!