Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT? Flying Sub

Default OT? Flying Sub

Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

And bad guys are starting to finally figure out you can arm them.

Flying sub bombs.

Or just any old gun strapped to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8igjcW39T4k
    Andy

Optimist.....

Ammo weighs quite a bit..... actual guns also.

Takes a fair sized drone to carry much ammo, although a gun could be lightened up enough to probably be carried by a fairly big drone.

But there are much more practical ways, which reduce the need to aim well.

Sorry folks, no free ideas for this topic......

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Ehhh not exactly - plastic explosives are a huge bang for the lb. and if amazon is considering carrying packages then you can bet your sweet bippies that's a huge payload of explosives,,,

also keep in mind were talking about subs here - so get it to it's destination and maybe pay the fiddler in battery drainage doing it but as soon at it hits the water the weight becomes "null and void"

Big drones are already out there and easily obtained. We just don't often see them in popular ads. About five years ago a video on YT was quite popular showing two such drones being used to lift up a guy's girl friend.

Just remember that a WW2 aircraft might only mount 4 light caliber MGs. So there are some limits... payload, range, speed, that sort of detail.

But a gun is clearly not the ideal weapon for such a device.

As for "subs".... I believe the "sub"ject actually was "FLYING subs", which puts a bit of a different slant to it.

Y'all just went on a list, you know...... so someone will likely be speaking with you soon......

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

lol - only list we went on is "people who are aware and don't bury their heads in the sand" list lol

which would mean you went on a list yourself, quite the other end of the spectrum...

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    lol - only list we went on is "people who are aware and don't bury their heads in the sand" list lol

which would mean you went on a list yourself, quite the other end of the spectrum...
    You never know... I might have PUT YOU onto the list, and arranged for the visit... Only it isn't the list you think.....

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I use an Ardupilot on one of my drones and a fixed wing airplane. The capabilities of the autopilot are amazing. They have firmware for all types of multi-rotors, fixed wings, VTOL, helicopters, ground vehicles, and ROV's.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    You never know... I might have PUT YOU onto the list, and arranged for the visit... Only it isn't the list you think.....
    I don't think you can threaten people with putting them on lists,,, in fact i think you can be put on a list for that type of behavior... but that's not a threat it's just an observation.