Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you ever installed a window in a dish washer?

I would think without a back light of some kind, it would be hard to see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Burch View Post
    The question is not so much "why don't they put windows in dishwashers" as "why do they put windows in [clothes] washing machines and tumble driers?"

Surely no-one really needs or even wants to sit and watch clothes go round?

Taking the spinny things out and cleaning them should fix any problems in that department, unless you have never cleaned out the filters.
    I can think of a couple reasons for that, first off - cloths washers are self cleaning due to the clothes coming in constant contact with the glass, so why not? two is - it is handy to have a view to make sure things are properly sudzing - and maybe not overly sudzing
    a distant third is yeah it's fun to watch it all working once in awhile and gives you the piece of mind your not going to get your brothers jock itch out of the whole deal...

you an yur brother sharing the same jock ???

lol no - but do the math if it does happen to touch mine whilst in the same wash that's not actually washing - comprendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    just put a GoPro in there.
    GoPro company is always welcoming new uses for their cameras
    You might be the next great YouTuber
    duh, i even have one with a waterproof casing and totally forgot about being able to use it for something like this - yeah that would work in a second and you can watch it on your TV in about a half minute to find out whats going on...

I did think of using it to find out where the salmon runs were at on the Kenai but we did not have a tv or anything to view it on so no go there.,

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    Mine is acting weird and I want to see whats going on.

My idea of why they don't put windows on dish washers is A: they don't want you to see the not so impressive squirts of water coming out and B: the window would dirty up fast and look ugly.

But I'd like to cut a hole and install a window in mine. My instant thought is cut the hole and install lexan on the inside and outside panels with either a rubber gasket or something from a squirt gun. I am also thinking pop rivets to make it all easier and smoother finish.

Does it get to hot for lexan?
    That's funny, so is mine. The two upper blades are not spinning or getting water.
    Only the bottom one spins and is getting water. I believe there is only one pump so I assume something must be clogged.

JL..............

you guys aren't putting babies diapers or your denture's in there are you ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Those who leave their dentures in dishwashers don't use any stinking baby diapers. They use adult ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    Depends.
    Well done.