Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 10EE inspection

Quote Originally Posted by Peter. View Post
    Best beer in the world. I love Belgian beer. Even the 11% stuff is easy to drink.
    And the best french fries (chips) and mayo in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguzzi View Post
    Had fries, if you were to blind fold me and serve Belgian fries and fries from a decent diner in the USA, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They are certainly better than all the fast food junk in the USA.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Surprised you didnt pipe up with Singha beer. That IMO is one of the best beers around. And yes, its a high proof beer also but you wouldn't know it from the ease at which it goes down. Oh, till the next day and you find yourself waking up in a rice field or jungle. Yeah, been there. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Surprised you didnt pipe up with Singha beer. That IMO is one of the best beers around. And yes, its a high proof beer also but you wouldn't know it from the ease at which it goes down. Oh, till the next day and you find yourself waking up in a rice field or jungle. Yeah, been there. JR
    Not a fan of Singha, JR. Just never liked the taste.
    The other big two here are Leo (Lion - too watery for me) and Chang (Elephant) which is my personal fave and always has been.
    They all run @ 5% these days over here, many years ago some had 5.4 and Chang had when i first moved here, a WTF happened 6.4%...

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    Had fries, if you were to blind fold me and serve Belgian fries and fries from a decent diner in the USA, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They are certainly better than all the fast food junk in the USA.

You need to find a proper street food frittes stall or friteur, get the fries served in a paper cone (like an ice cream) with lashings of unhealthy salt and fabulous Dutch or Belgian mayo.

Not a fan of Singha, JR. Just never liked the taste.
    The other big two here are Leo (Lion - too watery for me) and Chang (Elephant) which is my personal fave and always has been.
    They all run @ 5% these days over here, many years ago some had 5.4 and Chang had when i first moved here, a WTF happened 6.4%...
    When I was there in the 80's the Island we were on only Singha and the rumor was it was around 12%. Who knows. Went well with sea food. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

When I was there in the 80's the Island we were on only Singha and the rumor was it was around 12%. Who knows. Went well with sea food. JR
    I get Singha in the USA at Asian restaurants.

Could be "wort strength" like sometimes specified for european beers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravit...olic_beverage)

15%(plato) wort makes about 5.5% alcohol by volume

https://www.alko.fi/en/products/799664/Singha/
    Last edited by MattiJ; 09-02-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Maybe shouldn't be talking about machine tools and strong drink in the same thread? They don't mix IMHO.

Nothing wrong with talking about fries though, those Belgian ones bought off a street stall are the worlds best!
    'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Quote Originally Posted by Richard P Wilson View Post
    Maybe shouldn't be talking about machine tools and strong drink in the same thread? They don't mix IMHO.

Nothing wrong with talking about fries though, those Belgian ones bought off a street stall are the worlds best!
    Concur....