Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More machines followed me home!

Thank you. Nice machine. Enjoy it.

Looks like a severe machinery infestation, what about getting in an exterminator. I know a guy (wink wink). He can remove all off that quickly.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Yep, that's a major suck worthy snag.

I am at a total loss of words to describe how much you suck.

That is a very nice haul. I love very high quality small machines. Just wow.... JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Nice haul that you got there. That Levin lathe in particular is a beauty - and all that tooling. It must have cost a fortune when new. I'm turning a dark shade of envy green as I type!

thanks guys....makes the back ache kinda go away. Spent the day stripping and cleaning the pivot burnisher and moving it to the basement, sort of set up the levin in the basement yesterday, disassembled and degreased/washed the bench. (its a temp location, need better lighting and to clean all the tooling). The grinder and drive is a bigger project. At least the Levin is plug and play, the others need power. We're all just custodians of this stuff, I'll leave it better for the next guy...after two days on these three, I just hope I can get it all done and still have time to use it before that happens!

The 520 looks mint.
    Mercer indicators? In Canada?
    Jealousy and envy are not nice traits to have, so i'll stop....
    Great score.

The 520 was repainted, not a very good job, but looks ok for the camera. I'll redo it at some point. Person I bought it from claims it came from Mercer in England, but there is a British Gov Procurement badge on it. Who knows. I think there are fairly rare, I didn't know they existed until I saw it, at which point it was something I absolutely needed . I've a t&CG with motorized work head that I use as a cylindrical grinder for larger stuff, but this thing is just in a different league insofar as solidness and quality goes so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I think I'll store the drive, its just so bulky for the fractional hp it delivers and I see a move out of here in the next few years...worry about setting the overhead up in the next shop where there will be more space
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 08-06-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Beautiful Mcgyver!!