Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic. Fly killer 3000 PSI air pistol?

Default Off topic. Fly killer 3000 PSI air pistol?

Some of the new air pistols seem to be able to use 3000 PSI air I know nothing about them other than what I read. Do you think that an air only blast from this pistol would blow the wings off of a fly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you mention nothing about distance - so of course it would if held close enough...

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    you mention nothing about distance - so of course it would if held close enough...
    Yes I would think you would half to be about 15 or 20 inches away or else you would scare the fly

I have a friend with a high powered air rifle not a pistol. He says he can blast their wings off from about four or 5 feet away . I donít know if he is exaggerating or not . I just thought some of the members on here might be in to high powered air guns

3000 psi would blast the wings off an angel!!!
    Brian Rupnow

Funny thread. Had to use my "Bug-a-salt" gun in the laundry. Might as well have a little fun while getting rid of flies. Got 7 of the pests, now I've got to find out how they're getting in.. The 'salt gun is effective out to about 4 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post
    Some of the new air pistols seem to be able to use 3000 PSI air I know nothing about them other than what I read. Do you think that an air only blast from this pistol would blow the wings off of a fly

A regular pellet rifle will (without pellet) blow a fly through a screen, not damaging the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jpg366 View Post
    A regular pellet rifle will (without pellet) blow a fly through a screen, not damaging the screen.
    So very true.
    Getting the little fella into the chamber is the tricky part.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

My father once used clear spray paint on a fly. It kept going, but slowed down as the paint hardened, and it dropped to the floor.

There was a joke about the three Samurais who were being tested for their swordsmanship. The instructor released a fly, and the first one flashed his sword, and the fly fell to the floor in two pieces. "Very good", said the instructor, "You passed" The second Samurai took two swipes, and the fly fell to the floor in four pieces. "Most excellent", said the master. The third fly was released, and the student took a quick slash at the insect. "He still flies!" said the instructor. "He still flies", said the third student, "But he will never reproduce!"