Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diagnosing car issue - AC blower

A/C is fixed, now onto the car stereo!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It's never fixed until it lasts at least a week, then you can state it "might be fixed"

Murphys law # 128, don't tempt the fate gods...

I learned most of this the hard way,,, but also learned by watching others, mainly that one guy who got on that unsinkable ship and looked up at the sky and said "god himself couldn't sink this ship" well - everyone knows how the rest of that story went down...
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 08-11-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    It's never fixed until it lasts at least a week, then you can state it "might be fixed"

Murphys law # 128, don't tempt the fate gods...

I learned most of this the hard way,,, but also learned by watching others, mainly that one guy who got on that unsinkable ship and looked up at the sky and said "god himself couldn't sink this ship" well - everyone knows how that story went down...
    YUP!
    It's working...now, is always more realistic. LOL

Would have been interesting to have measured the current draw before and after the repair in order to ascertain what level of "fix" was achieved. RB211 did state the blower motor did have some level of drag that I'm sure he did not detect in the replacement so he's probably got it.

The infotainment package will probably be a more difficult installation what with all of the routing of wiring. Probably doing it in the driveway under the blazing Florida sun now that his cool garage is stuffed with cheenery.
    Last edited by Willy; 08-11-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Damn computers LOL
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

The new blower motor had the same level of resistance but wasn't puking carbon all over me. Fair enough, fixed for now. The stereo is installed. I didn't do the backup camera because it mounts to the license plate and puts it right at the door handle which was annoying. Returning the camera. Only annoying thing was routing the parking brake wire, which lead to the discovery of the GPS tracker.
    Next project is replacing the front driver side wheel bearing / hub assembly on the 2007 Prius. Have to do that before buying new tires and getting an alignment done.
    As for the Florida sun, I sweat to death but I have a 10x10 pop up tent that helps.
    And now it is raining... I need a 10 car garage, that if I am lucky, will have enough room for maybe one car.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RB211; 08-12-2019 at 11:08 AM.

when the resistor fails we always replace the blower motor. usually the fan is drawing too much current. tested many, haven't been bitten yet doing it like that. clogged cabin air filter can decrease blower life. cheap and easy to change.

clogged cabin air filter is more likely to decrease the resistor's life not the blower, less air flow to cool the resistor that's in the air stream,

as far as the squirrel cage blowers allot of them actually start to free run with restriction because they just sit there and cavitate, try restricting a squirrel cage on it's intake side and you can hear the RPM's go up - release the restriction and then they get loaded and the RPM's reduced...