Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making the little move

Default Making the little move

Title is a good humored, tongue in cheek take off of RB211's interesting thread on his trials and tribulations in getting his 10EE from the auction site to his house.
    He made the very kind offer to pass along his small Lathemaster and I took him up onit.

Because of conflicting work schedules and time off I was not able to go and pick it up until 10 Aug.

While this would not be anywhere near as big a logistical feat as his, it did require some prep.

Truck and cribbing packed and ready to go

RB211's Shop look as full as mine!

New project Lathe.

He also offered a small horizontal bandsaw, and of course it got loaded, Anything to help him get some needed work space.

Now to figure out how to get them into my shop.

some people disparage Harbor Freight items but this engine hoist has really saved the day a couple of times.
    to be continued

Offloaded and sitting on cribbing to avoid dropping while rolling over the shop lip.

resting in it's new home with the tooling graciously supplied.

I'm still somewhat at a loss for words over his generosity towards someone he had never met and only messaged through the forum.

Again RB211 THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatfan View Post
    I'm still somewhat at a loss for words over his generosity towards someone he had never met and only messaged through the forum.
    Indeed. Awesome gesture. Great little machine and tooling!

That's what I call an "assisted living compatible" lathe. I need one of those so I can hide it in the closet when they stick me in assisted living!

Very generous offer, of what looks like a nicely tooled and capable lathe. Congrats.

Congrats on the new lathe. They are addictive. I started with a Smithy mill-drill, upgraded to a Zubal lathe (Italian) and a Bridgeport. I no longer have the Smithy or the Bridgeport, but I have 4 lathes, 2 mills, and 2 surface grinders. I think that when I get some time to re-arrange the shop, I'm going to take the Zubal out of service for repairs then sell it. I just can't justify having 2 lathes that are similar in size and tooling ( I recently bought a Monarch 12" CK).

Glad your move went smoothly.

Wilson

Glad you got it all situated, looks like you'll make great use of it all! And I'm super happy to have more room in my shop! Was very nice meeting you and thank you for helping me move that workbench.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new machine,how did you come up with your user name.When I first seen it thought maybe you were a diehard Wild Cat Snow-machine enthusiast till I seen your location.

Good on you RB was there compliment beers with your visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    how did you come up with your user name.When I first seen it thought maybe you were a diehard Wild Cat Snow-machine enthusiast till I seen your location.
    I thought U of A football . I don't think it is a law that you have to live in Arizona to be a fan, but I am not absolutely sure of that

Steve

Here in the S.E. a sports reference would more likely be to the Kentucky Wildcats. Their basketball fans are rabid.
    As for U of A, that would be Univ. of Alabama in this neck of the woods.

Quote "Congrats on your new machine,how did you come up with your user name.When I first seen it thought maybe you were a diehard Wild Cat Snow-machine enthusiast till I seen your location."unquote

Quote "Here in the S.E. a sports reference would more likely be to the Kentucky Wildcats. Their basketball fans are rabid.
    As for U of A, that would be Univ. of Alabama in this neck of the woods.[/QUOTE]

User name came from UK basketball. Picked it out in the mid 90s and use it whenever its available on a forum to avoid having to remember another one. Growing up in mountains of KY there wasn't enough flat land for a footballs field!
    Grew up listening to radio broadcasts. Rabid fan? Used to be but over the years it has fallen by the wayside. Too many other things in life to worry about and the game has changed to the point where it isnt fun to watch anymore.
    Last edited by Wildcatfan; 08-15-2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added quotes