Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They gotta be kidding right?

Default They gotta be kidding right?

Would you pay $160 for this?They were asking $225 awhile back

I just need one more tool,just one!

It's not a total loss, those two Allen screws look pristine!

Steve

That is incredible. Just why... JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

But,but, but- it's a KURT!!! I have 3 of those that are close to 20 years old and they look lightly used and work like new. No excuse for that kind of carnage.

The stationary jaw looks like it has suffered the same fate so at least the wear is even.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

A whole new definition to the term "dummy marks"

I'd buy it for $30-40, as it still looks like it would function. But $160 (reduced from 225) is a pretty good hallucination.

I'd mill the top of the moving jaw flat (as I could get it), and epoxy or bolt on an aluminum plate that is drilled/taped in a 1/4"-20 grid for a built in sacrificial fixture plate for holding down small plate work and such. It's already screwed, might as well make the best of a bad situation and give it another life. What that plate gets too rough just replace it.

With as much abuse as that's taken though, I'm surprise it's still got the jaw stop hanging on the front. I could use one, as mine seems to have grown legs.

I like Dan' idea of the sacrificial plate on top of the jaw.
    I might do that anyway, I could leave the vise indicated in, and use the little plate as needed when needed

Must be an ebay listing....... everybody selling scrap machine tooling there thinks they have gold!

JL.............

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    I'd buy it for $30-40, as it still looks like it would function. But $160 (reduced from 225) is a pretty good hallucination.

I'd mill the top of the moving jaw flat (as I could get it), and epoxy or bolt on an aluminum plate that is drilled/taped in a 1/4"-20 grid for a built in sacrificial fixture plate for holding down small plate work and such. It's already screwed, might as well make the best of a bad situation and give it another life. What that plate gets too rough just replace it.

With as much abuse as that's taken though, I'm surprise it's still got the jaw stop hanging on the front. I could use one, as mine seems to have grown legs.
    I wouldn't waste my time, even if it were given to me. It looks like they have already broken through the top.

JL..............