Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am bored out of my mind... Ideas...

Default I am bored out of my mind... Ideas...

Too darn hot and humid to want to go outside as I sit a few days in Nagoya, Japan. Before any of you suggest I not waste this opportunity, I've been here almost every month this year. I also don't want to spend any money as it is the same fund as my toy hobby which is majorly in the red...
    I am thinking of designing a non specific model of an R/C bulldozer powered by Brian's Flathead IC engine in Fusion360. And I want it to have lots of gears!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I walked 200 yards outside the hotel and took these photos.

Can Fusion open .step files or .x_t Parasolid files? If so I can send you the flathead i.c. model.---Brian
    Brian Rupnow

Any museums nearby in any of the places you fly to? They can usually be browsed for pretty cheap, and it would be awesome to be able to see so many from around the world.

eat sushi now!

Interesting they say the Wright licencing and production is the main contributor to the automobile industry today. Don't assume it true.... I lived in Japan in the 80's and saw many such placards in English that were simply errors in the original translation and had been there for decades

Quote Originally Posted by brian Rupnow View Post
    Can Fusion open .step files or .x_t Parasolid files? If so I can send you the flathead i.c. model.---Brian
    Yes Brian, it will

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    Interesting they say the Wright licencing and production is the main contributor to the automobile industry today. Don't assume it true.... I lived in Japan in the 80's and saw many such placards in English that were simply errors in the original translation and had been there for decades
    Last time I read the plaque, it was completely different, saying how that engine was the basis for their aviation program just prior to WW2.

lol.. maybe someone stole that last one (er... probably not in Japan) and they has to make a new one, or just the slow Govt. revision and eradication of the prior war(s) history.
    Last edited by lakeside53; 08-18-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    lol.. maybe someone stole that last one (er... probably not in Japan) and they has to make a new one, or just the slow Govt. revision and eradication of the prior war(s) history.
    I do not like this new trend of sweeping past history under the rug. I'd imagine though that it can be painful to be reminded of it for a couple of countries.