Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am bored out of my mind... Ideas...

To be honest I dont get bored. Never have. I am whats called Lazy. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    To be honest I dont get bored. Never have. I am whats called Lazy. JR
    This is a unique situation. I could live out the rest of my days at home never being bored as I created enough projects and ways to do what ever I dream up. Traveling around the world however removes me from that environment and leaves me too lazy to explore, and too cheap to partake in things that don't even approach the satisfaction I feel while completing projects at home. I can only see Mt Fuji so many times, the Blue Mosque in Turkey so many times, the Porsche plant in Leipzig so many times, the big Buda in Hong Kong so many times...

If you can get to Munich, visit the Deutsches Museum..
    2 to 4 visits at 3 or 4 hours each, will scratch the surface..very cool aviation stuff.

Ok, thanks to Brian for giving me the 3d model of his flathead engine, I was able to quickly whip up a generalized plan for a dozer based on a Cat RD6.

Obviously there's a ton more work but at least I have a general idea of the size.
    Thinking of giving it a 2 or 3 speed manual transmission with reverse, and for steering, a differential that is sticky and only slips when you apply brake pressure to one of the sides. I'll make a seperate thread for it, but I will not be as quick about it as Brian! There's even a very good chance I'll simply lose interest, which is the bane of my existence.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RB211; 08-19-2019 at 04:42 AM.

I envy you. For the last couple of years I have been following a daily You Tube update of the Shabani gorilla family at the Higashiyama Zoo in Nagoya. I would love to be there in person to see them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzRDEdPbBno&t=3s Shabani has garnered world wide fame as being the world's most "handsome" gorilla.
    Last edited by DATo; 08-19-2019 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Added last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PStechPaul View Post
    Bored in Japan? Geishas!

I'm a travelin' man
    I've made a lot of stops all over the world
    And in every part I own the heart
    Of at least one lovely girl

I've a pretty Senorita waiting for me
    Down in old Mexico
    If you're ever in Alaska stop and see
    My cute little Eskimo.

Thailand doesn't have to be expensive,
    if you get away from the nitelife, beer, and 'other' distractions, there is always the zoo
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khao_Kheow_Open_Zoo
    for about $50 you can buy a personal tour that includes a van, guide, they know the exact schedule of all the animal shows & exhibits, a really FINE lunch is also,
    the lunch by itself is worth the 50$

Then you could do the Botanical garden
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nong_N...tanical_Garden

I was going to make a suggestion for your boredom BUT when I looked at the thread this morning I see you already are doing it !!! I was going to suggest a decent laptop with fusion 360 and start designing some of the models you want to build. If that is not enough to kill the boredom then animate the models as well. Your situation is a good one to get REALLY proficient with fusion 360. Don't forget the CAM part either, getting the cnc toolpaths nailed down is equally as challenging as the model. Even though the lathe work will be on the 10EE, you can still do toolpaths just to be sure you don't create a feature that can't later be machined. (not that I have ever done that....)

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    Ok, thanks to Brian for giving me the 3d model of his flathead engine, I was able to quickly whip up a generalized plan for a dozer based on a Cat RD6.
    ]

Obviously there's a ton more work but at least I have a general idea of the size.
    Thinking of giving it a 2 or 3 speed manual transmission with reverse, and for steering, a differential that is sticky and only slips when you apply brake pressure to one of the sides. I'll make a seperate thread for it, but I will not be as quick about it as Brian! There's even a very good chance I'll simply lose interest, which is the bane of my existence.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    The beta model is a couple foot long ! If the beast will be made of metals I would be VERY concerned if Brians engine will produce enough power to move the beast. His engines are quite low in power output as I imagine he would confirm. Now if you are going to 3d print the majority of it, then that is a different matter and will keep the weight down.

Tonka made an 18" long dozer back in the day. They were neat. They still make them, cheaply. Several years back someone did an electric r/c conversion. A video showed him clearing snow from his deck. It looked like a lot of fun and was actually useful. These days with FPV camera setups it would be even better.

Just imagine, if you had snow at home you could be clearing your deck or driveway from Japan. Time to move?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDC7ynlGUj8