Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on mill for sale

Default Opinion on mill for sale

Sorry for the crappy pics. Stumbled across this today. Manual mill. Does not appear to have been used much. Other than some light rust, everything seems to work. Turns on and runs. I'm guessing circa 1980's. Made in Taiwan. Property is going to be sold soon, the heirs of the property want it gone. Said he would let it go for $400. Opinions?

I'd take it in a heartbeat, wee it in my area. You could probably get close to that price just in scrap, even if it does need some work that's a good price to me

Quote Originally Posted by epicfail48 View Post
    I'd take it in a heartbeat, wee it in my area. You could probably get close to that price just in scrap, even if it does need some work that's a good price to me
    Concur. I've seen machines in that condition and people want like $1500-2000 for them.... $400 is reasonable given the work it needs.

I was thinking it was pretty fair myself, but thought I'd ask first. The quill works on the fine feed, but I could not figure out how to release it to use the side handle. At the price, I think it is worth the chance that something might be broken. Supposedly it was bought new. I'm guessing it weighs 2500 pounds? I need to figure out a plan on how to move it.

goferit.

Light rust is nothing! $400 for that mill will get you a well deserved "YOU SUCK" for getting such a great deal.....

It has one shot lube, of course you should buy it, I would

He's in a catch 22 situation.
    He sucks if he gets it,
    he sucks if he passes on it

Get it, sooner not later.. go..already.

I wouldn't have even risked taking the time to post on here, I'd be on my way with a trailer, $400 and a case of beer!