Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: OT: Jessi Combs Accident

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    Hydrogen-Oxide? Isn't that what the Germans used in WW2 with the ME163 Komet? Read somewhere that you definitely do not want that stuff anywhere near your flesh.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Actually is's very pure Hydrogen Peroxide. I saw this twin Turbonique Kart run in 1966 at Lakeland dragstrip here in Memphis. https://www.vintagekarts.com/Rockets/Rockets.htm It was part of a travelling show along with with E.J. Potter's injected smallblock Chevy powered motorcycle, Little Red Wagon, etc. I can still smell 'em. Ahh, the good ol' days!!
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Pure Hydrogen Peroxide is some pretty nasty stuff
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    Yeah, according the documentaries I've read and seen, the pilots of the Komet had to wear rubberized suits while flying in case the fuel lines got shot up or sprung a leak. The HP would melt their skin. Add to that the fact that the fuels were hypergolic and that had to be one nasty little plane to fly. Several pilots were reported to had been literally dissolved when they crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluechips View Post
    Yeah, according the documentaries I've read and seen, the pilots of the Komet had to wear rubberized suits while flying in case the fuel lines got shot up or sprung a leak. The HP would melt their skin. Add to that the fact that the fuels were hypergolic and that had to be one nasty little plane to fly. Several pilots were reported to had been literally dissolved when they crashed.
    I hope she didn't have to endure any of that.

I watched a show on the ME163 and one German they interviewed said one would just blow up sitting out on the field. They showed them poring a vary small amount of 1 part fuel into 2nd part, poof.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Jon View Post
    I watched a show on the ME163 and one German they interviewed said one would just blow up sitting out on the field. They showed them poring a vary small amount of 1 part fuel into 2nd part, poof.

Jon
    I met Rudy Opitz who was a Luftwaffe test pilot that flew them. At the time he was in his 90's, teaching people how to fly gliders. It was totally unexpected when I was simply visiting a glider field in Connecticut.

Really? Bet that green tank of O2 for welding is not any better. They were just lost. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Really? Bet that green tank of O2 for welding is not any better. They were just lost. JR
    Yes,it's a powerful oxidizer.The drugstore stuff is only 2% concentration,30% and 90% are also available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJSWTPOa4T8
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Yes,it's a powerful oxidizer.The drugstore stuff is only 2% concentration,30% and 90% are also available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJSWTPOa4T8
    I want some 90 proof. Problem is Id prolly kill myself. I wouldnt even know how to handle it. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

90% will really whiten those old teeth of yours JR, turn those baked beans so bright you would think they got light bulbs and a battery in them...