Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.T. Paddle Wheels (for mud)

Default O.T. Paddle Wheels (for mud)

I finished building these paddle wheels for on my Swather Windrower yesterday.Got 130 acres done with some very wet areas,they worked Great never got stuck (that's coming)lol!

Looks fantastic, great idea! What is that, 3/8 plate for the paddles?
    You guys have had one heck of a soggy year up your way, I'm surprised you got to take a photo of setup in the sun.
    Hopefully the harvest weather will be a little more kind to you than it has been.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

They are really just to shred the tires of the other guys when racing in the mud

Nice work, as always!

I can remember having something similar on one of the old tractors Grandpa had. What are you cutting this time of the year that is so wet? Swathers have been in the shed around here for awhile.

lg
    no neat sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Looks fantastic, great idea! What is that, 3/8 plate for the paddles?
    You guys have had one heck of a soggy year up your way, I'm surprised you got to take a photo of setup in the sun.
    Hopefully the harvest weather will be a little more kind to you than it has been.
    The Paddles are 1/4" ,used a 17" split rim for mounting them on then bolt onto Swather Rim.Most of my flat ground really took a beating this year with a 1/3 of those acres at zero production.Let's hope we get some nice harvest weather,the Combines have been eating material that should have had a Silage Cutter instead the last 3 years.Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    They are really just to shred the tires of the other guys when racing in the mud

Nice work, as always!
    Maybe in my younger years,Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
    I can remember having something similar on one of the old tractors Grandpa had. What are you cutting this time of the year that is so wet? Swathers have been in the shed around here for awhile.

lg
    no neat sig line
    These Paddle contraptions have been around for a long time,never seen them mass produced.Seems like every one just builds them when ground get really really NASTY this is my first time using them this will be my 37th crop.
    I'm swathing canola and it usually take 3-4 weeks to cure before it can be harvested.

How long did it take to build 2 or 4 of those ?
    Last edited by 754; 09-02-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Hey TTT,

Being a City guy could you show a picture of them in use? Those look like some real monsters if your working in ground that is so wet that you need those to drive the tractor.

The design looks strong.

TX
    Mr fixit for the family
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    ..........I'm swathing canola and it usually take 3-4 weeks to cure before it can be harvested.
    Canola? These paddles look like you'd be swathing rice!

Seriously, I really hope the weather smartens up for all farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

These Paddle contraptions have been around for a long time,never seen them mass produced.Seems like every one just builds them when ground get really really NASTY this is my first time using them this will be my 37th crop.
    I'm swathing canola and it usually take 3-4 weeks to cure before it can be harvested.
    Watched some of the harvest on utube and read a bit. Seems you have similar issues that we have with grass seed here in the Willamette Valley. Have to swath just right to prevent shattering and then harvest when all is ripe. This year we had a lot of rain in July which prevented combining fpr a couple of weeks and by the time they were on the field 1/2 the crop had been shattered by the rain. As a kid here I can remember having to pull a baler with the crawler because the ground was to soft for wheel tractor yer the hay was dry and ready to bale. Now that I'm retired all the land is leased out and someone else has the worry.

lg
    no neat sig line

I've never seen those before. Does anyone have a link to a video of a tractor mud-bogging with a set of those?---Brian
    Brian Rupnow