Thread: Brian, something to build to drive with your engines

Default Brian, something to build to drive with your engines

Have a peak at this thing. Lots of goodies in there to gaze at while one of your engines drive it. Even a couple variable load devices too.

Would be a pretty neat thing to have at a show booth being driven with a model engine.

Naw, no,
    Brian could draw that up with his morning coffee,
    and build it before Wednesday.

Why do so very many eewe-tubes begin with "AMAZING!"? I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Wow - that's AMAZING

I can just hear his S.O. "Have you been running your contraption on the kitchen table again? I told you to clean up all your wood dust when you were finished"

that things wearing out parts just looking at it...

I can't help but think about driving a air compressor as a varying load.
    A pressure pop-off valve releases the pressure to start the cycle all over again.
    Adjusting the size of receiver vessel and the pop off valve would be the adjustable load variances.

Brian's sawmill is still one of my favorite projects. It gets a lot of attention at shows, and I cannot tell you how many boards, 1/8" X 3/4" X 6" that I've sawed. Love it!

The generator that I drove with the engine loaded it up nicely, and a variable load could no doubt be rigged up with it. However, there's no monkey motion to watch, so it's not all that interesting.

Too late---Too Late---I am deep into the design of a auto reversing winch. This is far more difficult than you would think. I have such a great video of the vertical hit and miss engine operating under load and no load conditions turning a winch to lift a weight. Now I want to make the same video with a winch which lifts a load vertically, then when the load has been fully lifted the winch reverses it's rotation and lowers the suspended weight, then auto reverses and repeats the cycle, with no intervention by myself.---Brian
    Brian Rupnow

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    Have a peak at this thing. Lots of goodies in there to gaze at while one of your engines drive it. Even a couple variable load devices too.

Would be a pretty neat thing to have at a show booth being driven with a model engine.
    That is way cool. What is cooler yet is the guys suspenders.

Brian, we are all looking forward to seeing this creation in action!

John.

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Wow - that's AMAZING

I can just hear his S.O. "Have you been running your contraption on the kitchen table again? I told you to clean up all your wood dust when you were finished"

that things wearing out parts just looking at it...