Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Curb Find of the Week - 15,000 W Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    Just for S&G I Goggled it and found this site https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com...582/p1264.html

It shows a slightly newer model but they price it at $2,839.00 (and say it weighs 450 pounds).

Since no one else has said it...you SUCK!
    Yeah, it was every bit of 450 pounds! I raced home and thru my HF truck ramps in the back, then raced back to the generator. I thought that I would simply pull it up the ramps... NOOOOOO! I could hardly budge the thing! I had to improvise with what I had on hand. I carry a set of HR ratcheting straps (the bright orange ones with only 400 lbs rated) and used two of them as a pair of Come-a-Longs. I inched it up a click at a time - and I do mean inched! After about 50 minutes of pulling it up an inch at a time, the wheels finally set down on the deck of my tail gate. I then rolled it sideways, so it wouldn't move on the way home and strapped it down.

I checked Home Depot for the newer model and it too was over $2800.

I would say that gloats are in order!

And 754, it is a single phase only machine.

You suck!

I trust you informed the police, it could have been stolen and dumped.

yeah - im not trying to be a buzzkill but I would have at least knocked on the door to verify, I mean i guess if it's out with the trash cans and stuff that might be a different story but sitting by the curb with no "free" sign on it Id be a little nervous of getting a blast of rock salt to the ole backside...

depends on the area - around here if it's not on someone's property ie. it's on the sidewalk or the road, then it's fair game. It would take both a very industrious AND lazy person to drag that out to the curb to use it for something (hey, extension cord!) and then not drag it back.

my dads got that exact same generator. They are good machines but dealing with getting parts from generac is a pain in the ass. I needed a carb kit (cross referenced one at my local lawn mower place) and a new fuel pump ( current part discontinued from generac, no help, lawn mower place found a rebuild kit for it).

Quote Originally Posted by old mart View Post
    I trust you informed the police, it could have been stolen and dumped.
    wel, if it was a clean, starts in 2 pulls machine, that may be a concern.

When someone raises a thread with this content, it shows what a nasty third world country you live in, you lot should be ashamed to admit you are such a thieving lot.

When someone raises a thread with this content, it shows what a nasty third world country you live in, you lot should be ashamed to admit you are such a thieving lot.
    Or at least ashamed of being wasteful.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

um, come again?