Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Curb Find of the Week - 15,000 W Generator

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    yabbut, someone could have dragged that fridge out there to have a block party and someone put a "Free" sign on it as a prank and you'd be STEALING!!!
    LOL!
    There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

In NY, taken it from the curb is illegal!!! Unless by the garbage collectors.
    h12721
    Last edited by h12721; 09-12-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Reminds me of the MAACO commercial:

https://ispot.tv/a/7v1w

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Gimmie a fuquing break

Edit; this is actually a very good example - to what i stated earlier,,, if i was riding my bike and seen this fridge out where it was with the doors open just sitting there i just would have said to myself WTF? and ridden bye,,, the thought of "scoring it" with just that amount of info never even would have entered my mind, and if it somehow clicked that that's what it was indeed "possibly" set out there for then I would have absolutely 100% verified that with the people who lived there,,, and had I somehow got severely drunk or impaired enough to think somehow it would be alright to do without consulting then I can tell you right now (being fairly sober) that it would not surprise me at all to get shot in the back doing it....

sorry to tell you this - but with the limited info in the OP it's actually old mart that has his act together on this matter, and the OP's in the clear with all he said after as it's quite obvious what it was doing out there,,, hell - people move all the time - people also get evicted and have their stuff set out where ? right at the curb,,,,,, don't be so GDamnd greedy that you bypass the unwritten rules of society, try to at least think with a hint of foresight once in awhile ... Clumsy Bastard...
    yeah yeah yeah whatever. That's just internet judgementalism. It's pretty rational to assume that someone with half an ounce of sense isn't going to "steal" a 450lb generator over the course of an hour AND THEN POST ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. I mean, sure, there are some pretty stupid people out there, but my logic functions just don't stretch that far.

Quote Originally Posted by h12721 View Post
    In NY, taken it from the curb is STEALING!!! Un less by the garbage collectors.
    h12721
    totally. Context specific. In NY it's illegal, in CO it's ok as long as you have a signed and witnessed affidavit swearing that the item is free and will not be used to entrap thieves, in TX you put it on the curb and it's gone the next day. Context.

Here, if you leave scrap on the pavement/side-walk, you are technically fly-tipping and could be liable to a 2,000 fine

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Here, if you leave scrap on the pavement/side-walk, you are technically fly-tipping and could be liable to a 2,000 fine
    What is fly-tipping?

THANX RICH
    People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by v860rich View Post
    What is fly-tipping?

THANX RICH
    Im guessing - but probably has something to do with the Queen???

Quote Originally Posted by v860rich View Post
    What is fly-tipping?

THANX RICH
    illegal dumping.

^^^ That