Thread: OT: gyroscopic elimination of Parkinson's tremors

Default OT: gyroscopic elimination of Parkinson's tremors

--quote--

I have long had severe Parkinson's Tremors. As a Physicist, I realized that the stability of a gyroscope regarding the direction of its spin axis might have value in trying to cancel out the shaking of Parkinson's Tremors. I built and tested this idea in February 2007, AND IT WORKS amazingly well!

I now also have a laser pointer on the ceiling, pointed down, and a small mirror on my fingernail reflects a tiny red dot back up on the ceiling. My Parkinson's Tremors cause reflected irregular red ovals on the ceiling. As a scientist, I study the variations and dimensions of the patterns to learn the instantaneous and daily variations of the Vector Tremor motions, and even that the Tremors vary in many ways, even sometimes surprisingly stopping completely.

This is a new device I invented which eliminates all of my Parkinson's Tremors. Early in 2007, I combined a sturdy weldor's canvas glove with a small motorized gyroscope. A fast-spinning gyroscope uses a unique field of Physics where it can keep its spin axis pointed in a fixed direction. (That's actually why gyroscopes are used for navigation of boats and airplanes, and even for autopilots, Pedways, etc.) My gyroscopic glove detects an incipient Parkinson's Vector Tremor from my brain, of any direction and amplitude, and naturally and automatically creates a strong opposing torque which acts to cancel the muscle action of the Tremor. Whenever I wear my gyroscopic gloves, I am Parkinson's Free! (although my gloves are very ugly!)
    -end quote--

http://mb-soft.com/public3/parkin77.html

Edit: Eugene (tlfamm) is _not_ the author/inventor of the above, rather, one "C. Johnson" is, apparently. While the idea is intriguing, the website overall has something of a "fringe" cast to it that does give one pause.
    Last edited by tlfamm; 09-10-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Eliminate some apparent confusion.

Have you managed to secure a patent for your device?
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

I've been playing with my Hexacopter lately that uses a Pixhawk flight controller running Ardupilot firmware. The magic is the solid state accelerometers and gyros, coupled with Kalmann filtering via a 32bit processor. Very cool with what you did, imagine how much farther you can take it with the latest technology.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    I've been playing with my Hexacopter lately that uses a Pixhawk flight controller running Ardupilot firmware. The magic is the solid state accelerometers and gyros, coupled with Kalmann filtering via a 32bit processor. Very cool with what you did, imagine how much farther you can take it with the latest technology.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    It is here already:
    https://www.core77.com/posts/25865/A...r-Hand-Tremors

Also self-leveling spoon if your wrist/hand mobility is limited:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL2b9hKSCW0

Tlfamm's link was bit on the mad scientist side...

@MattiJ: I don't need a self-leveling spoon, but a self-stabilizing micrometer wouldn't be amiss...

Quote Originally Posted by tlfamm View Post
    --quote--

I have long had severe Parkinson's Tremors. As a Physicist, I realized that the stability of a gyroscope regarding the direction of its spin axis might have value in trying to cancel out the shaking of Parkinson's Tremors. I built and tested this idea in February 2007, AND IT WORKS amazingly well!

I now also have a laser pointer on the ceiling, pointed down, and a small mirror on my fingernail reflects a tiny red dot back up on the ceiling. My Parkinson's Tremors cause reflected irregular red ovals on the ceiling. As a scientist, I study the variations and dimensions of the patterns to learn the instantaneous and daily variations of the Vector Tremor motions, and even that the Tremors vary in many ways, even sometimes surprisingly stopping completely.

This is a new device I invented which eliminates all of my Parkinson's Tremors. Early in 2007, I combined a sturdy weldor's canvas glove with a small motorized gyroscope. A fast-spinning gyroscope uses a unique field of Physics where it can keep its spin axis pointed in a fixed direction. (That's actually why gyroscopes are used for navigation of boats and airplanes, and even for autopilots, Pedways, etc.) My gyroscopic glove detects an incipient Parkinson's Vector Tremor from my brain, of any direction and amplitude, and naturally and automatically creates a strong opposing torque which acts to cancel the muscle action of the Tremor. Whenever I wear my gyroscopic gloves, I am Parkinson's Free! (although my gloves are very ugly!)
    -end quote--

http://mb-soft.com/public3/parkin77.html

Edit: Eugene (tlfamm) is _not_ the author/inventor of the above, rather, one "C. Johnson" is, apparently. While the idea is intriguing, the website overall has something of a "fringe" cast to it that does give one pause.
    Great article, thanks. My friend and neighbor was just diagnosed this year. Went from totally fine to where his right hand wont stop. Ill print this up for him. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Strapping a gyroscope to the back of your hand will certainly dampen out tremors, but that shouldn't be news to anyone.

(You don't have to read very much to realize this guy is not really a physicist.)

Here's an outfit engaged in product development of a gyro-glove:

https://gyrogear.co/gyroglove

I was about to say you need a better looking glove - there's no reason to put all this said research into something that looks more like a loose fishing net that would just slop around on your hand and basically make all the gyro's efforts moot...

that link to the other one looks like it really is already well thought out...

I know this may not help with daily functions but there's a thing called a powerball that is a hand held gyro that you yourself power - it might be satisfying to use at leisure just to stabilize your hand from constantly shaking - that has to be very frustrating and we all wish you the best with this...