Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another Photobucket stunt

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    It's just photobucket's way of trying to extort money out of their "free" service users.
    I call it the "Crack Dealer" business model.Give it away at first,then start charging once people are addicted. Doesn't really work with non-narcotic stuff though,as evidenced by PB's rapid decline.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
    Hmmm. Well, I know little about modern internet stuff, but I suspect that PB has multiple servers and is installing the change one at a time. Try tomorrow, will you?

-js
    Will do. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

I just took a look at the shop made tools thread and all the pics are blurry. If they spent half as much time trying to make their site a better site as they do trying to extort money out of their users they would probably be ahead of the game.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

fuzzy picture, clear watermark on Firefox

Hmmm. Well, I know little about modern internet stuff, but I suspect that PB has multiple servers and is installing the change one at a time. Try tomorrow, will you?

-js
    Ok. It is still good to go on this computer. Old XP machine running firefox ESR 52.

Curious I tried it on my new computer. Watermark and fuzzy. Also firefox but newer. JR

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Ok. It is still good to go on this computer. Old XP machine running firefox ESR 52.

Curious I tried it on my new computer. Watermark and fuzzy. Also firefox but newer. JR
    Interesting. Old FF is good, new FF is fuzzy. Does that suggest there could be an add-on to FF to show the fuzzy pics clearly? After the fashion of the patch that allowed us to see the pic instead of the fuel gauge?

Time to look around...

-js
    There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    They are placing it on accounts that consume (via linking to the likes of this site) for than 25 mbits each month.
    25 Mb is nothing. They already are capsized, now they are sinking. Just a few more months and they will be gone all together.

Interesting. Old FF is good, new FF is fuzzy. Does that suggest there could be an add-on to FF to show the fuzzy pics clearly? After the fashion of the patch that allowed us to see the pic instead of the fuel gauge?

Time to look around...

-js
    I for one have never put any filters or add-ons on any of my FF browsers. JR

This might not be Photobucket's fault at all. It's possible that Firefox is scaling a thumbnail for your screen. The photos all look clear to me and don't have any watermark, but I gave up on FF and moved over to Brave (the former Mozilla guy who got fired for donating to something that pissed off the Social Justice Warriors runs the place). Firefox used to take up more and more of my computer and memory until I just had to kill the application. I have more windows open with Brave now and hardly any computer OR memory usage.

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post

I'm also running Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on my decade old computer with Vista. It definitely appears to have a bearing on why I don't see any watermarks and all the PB hosted pics are clear for me also.