Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Photobucket stunt

Doesn't look like Firefox is the problem. Firefox and EI show blurred images if checked at the same time. Possibly, the images are either blurred by PB periodically or (inventing things now) come from different sources. I suspect it's the former.

I think people should be banned from posting photos hosted on photobucket. Enough is enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It seems to me that PB is using the information in the HTTP request for images to determine what they serve up to the requester. That info includes the requester's IP address, browser info, and much more. The last image in my previous post showed up as clear, with no watermark, but today (after a Win10 update and also maybe a Firefox update), the image has a clear watermark and is otherwise blurred. I'm not an expert hacker but I did find some ways to circumvent PB's silly games to get a clear image - for a while, at least. If the images in a particular thread are important to you, I suggest saving them to your own local storage while you can. And if you are the author of posts with your own PB images, and you care about the content, it is up to you to go back through your posts and provide URLs to your images hosted elsewhere. I predict PB's imminent demise, and they probably will not give any warning. When they go under, all images will go "POOF"!

Quote Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
    I think people should be banned from posting photos hosted on photobucket. Enough is enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk <<<<
    Along with people that advertise for Tapatalk with every post

Can you configure it, or is it hard-coded in?

I wish people would change their default signature line on their phone.

None of the images are blurred and none contain a watermark. Using Google Chrome.
    12" x 35" Logan 2557V lathe
    Index "Super 55" mill
    18" Vectrax vertical bandsaw
    7" x 10" Vectrax mitering bandsaw
    24" State disc sander

PB is definitely selectively blurring images for some users. It is not a browser issue. They have multiple servers and caching... it will all catch up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    PB is definitely selectively blurring images for some users. It is not a browser issue. They have multiple servers and caching... it will all catch up eventually.
    To be honest I do put my aluminum foil hat on when viewing the images JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Ok, I turned off signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by PStechPaul View Post
    I predict PB's imminent demise, and they probably will not give any warning. When they go under, all images will go "POOF"!
    Paul, do you have a link to a reliable source of info to support your prediction? Not being argumentative; just trying to make a decision. I Googled the subject but only found rants of the many people pi$$ed at them for losing their free candy. I'm an old-school "There ain't no free sandwiches" type of guy and have been paying for their service for years. So far, no problems for me but if their paid services are about to go "POOF", I better get busy!
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton