Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: O.T. how bad is food shopping in the inner cities?

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Come on now. South side Chicago is a and has been a slaughterhouse for 10 years that I know of.

Before that it was Baltimore MD. Before that nd before the hurricane that wiped out the town New Orleans was the Murder Capital of the US. Before that it was New York in the 70s.

I am not talking out the side of my mouth. You can do just like I did and investigate it with the local print media. Its a thing. Dont put your head in the sand. JR
    My head isn't in the sand,all of the cities you mention still do top the charts for violent crime,nearly all major US cities( 250,000>pop)especially the inner city,feature high violent crime rates.They also feature gun control for the law abiding,not so much for the criminal element it seems.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

There was widespread coverage of a stabbing spree in Orange County last month, with 4 killed and 2 injured. Which incident are you referring to?
    The one I saw on a news blurb was 23 killed and wounded, can't remember which city. Point is you don't need a gun to be a homicidal nut. People drive cars and trucks into crowds, fire bombs are common enough and so are pipe bombs, all of which can't be regulated. I believe that the murder weapon of choice is the knife. Available everywhere, can't be control or registered. But none of them seem to be important compared to guns, I guess being stabbed to death isn't as bad as being shot to death.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Like I pointed out elsewhere,how we gonna regulate who buys gasoline and matches?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Come on now. South side Chicago is a and has been a slaughterhouse for 10 years that I know of.
    Well, the South side of Chicago
    Is the baddest part of town
    And if you go down there
    You better just beware
    Of a man named Leroy Brown

He got a custom Continental
    He got an Eldorado too
    He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun
    He got a razor in his shoe

And it's bad, bad Leroy Brown
    The baddest man in the whole damned town
    Badder than old King Kong
    Meaner than a junkyard dog

Quote Originally Posted by loose nut View Post
    The one I saw on a news blurb was 23 killed and wounded, can't remember which city.
    Are you thinking about the stabbing spree in a Chinese train station that killed 27 people in May? If so, it was widely reported in the U.S. media.

Quote Originally Posted by loose nut View Post
    The one I saw on a news blurb was 23 killed and wounded, can't remember which city. Point is you don't need a gun to be a homicidal nut. People drive cars and trucks into crowds, fire bombs are common enough and so are pipe bombs, all of which can't be regulated. I believe that the murder weapon of choice is the knife. Available everywhere, can't be control or registered. But none of them seem to be important compared to guns, I guess being stabbed to death isn't as bad as being shot to death.
    Nahh - for one most of the perps nowadays are pencil necks who where bullied in school so the knife factor just don't cut it...

plus there's only so much dress up garb you can use with knifes --- i mean who's going to dress up like rambo for their social media post and just be wielding a pocket knife -

two is the fact that most of these killers want personal - but not too personal as in actually having to get bloody themselves - again --- their all spineless cowards and it seems the weapon of choice suits them very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    Well, the South side of Chicago
    Is the baddest part of town
    And if you go down there
    You better just beware
    Of a man named Leroy Brown

He got a custom Continental
    He got an Eldorado too
    He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun
    He got a razor in his shoe

And it's bad, bad Leroy Brown
    The baddest man in the whole damned town
    Badder than old King Kong
    Meaner than a junkyard dog
    LoL. Dont get me wrong. I love Chicago.

Remember Los Angeles County is still having many folks dusted off every day. Its horrific Just saying. JR

P.S. Legitimately on all my IDs. My middle name. Leroy LOL.. I was named after my dad. But still, I remember that song back then. Love it. We also went to drive ins to watch the latest Clint Eastwood show. Station wagon open to the screen.

If we got there early enough we could go play in the play ground or food place. We were poor. no food. I think we brought food which was just fine with me. 72-73 maybe. JR
    Last edited by JRouche; 09-22-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

2nd amendment makes allot of sense to me with the vast majority of people being of sane mind,,, but kinda a vicious cycle in a day and age where half the people are mentally ill, so it goes from just home defense single shot firearms to nearly automatic weapons with bullets designed to blow large chunks of meat out the other side - then it's like "oops" the crooks have them too, so guess everyone should get RPG's now --- oops the bad guys have them now and they outnumber us now what do we do (duh) --- what a nation full of morons...

I think we need a new amendment to the Constitution. Banning silverware. Yep you read that right. So many people die from overweight issues. It is tragic. It is not their fault though. It is the silverware. If people didn't have silverware to stuff too much food into their mouths then the world would be a better place. Yes I know you are saying fat people will get silverware even if it is illegal. Then only fat people will have silverware. Ya Ya I have heard it all so don't bother trying to defend silverware. As in gun control and people turning to knives for killing, people will turn to chop sticks for their crimes. And chop sticks are much easier to make in the home shop than spoons, forks and knives. I don't think a government buy back program for silverware will work either.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    I think we need a new amendment to the Constitution. Banning silverware. Yep you read that right. So many people die from overweight issues. It is tragic. It is not their fault though. It is the silverware. If people didn't have silverware to stuff too much food into their mouths then the world would be a better place. Yes I know you are saying fat people will get silverware even if it is illegal. Then only fat people will have silverware. Ya Ya I have heard it all so don't bother trying to defend silverware. As in gun control and people turning to knives for killing, people will turn to chop sticks for their crimes. And chop sticks are much easier to make in the home shop than spoons, forks and knives. I don't think a government buy back program for silverware will work either.
    Amendment not needed. Registration, locks and buybacks will do the job.......
    Bill Pendergrass
    Rotec RM-1 w/Rusnok head
    Atlas TH42 QC10