Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. how bad is food shopping in the inner cities?

Quote Originally Posted by fjk View Post
    I live in a city and have a weekend/vacation/etc place out in the sticks.

I think that there is much truth in what you said.

I find it is easier to make a left turn onto a heavily travelled road at rush hour in the city than out in the country. Much more likely that someone will stop and let you turn. My guess is that in the city we all realize that if we _didnt_ stop and let people turn then no one would get anyplace (besides, traffic is so bad that letting a car or two in front of you doesn’t significantly change your travel time).

In the country people hardly ever stop to let someone turn - traffic is light enough that a space will come along soon enough. But ... people also spread out more, leaving ample room to “be safe” but not enough to let someone turn Onto the road. Net result is fewer cars take more space ... making it take even longer.

Sigh

Frank
    There is definite difference in traffic between weekdays and weekends too. 8 oclock rush hour sucks in a way but it is pretty well predictable. Saturday afternoon and every aunt betty and uncle tom is on the move, driving 20mph below limit on left lane and making all sorta of unpredictable maneuvers like panic braking at the end of the acceleration lane...

Same goes for supermarkets but worst time is weekday mornings. Retired people having their conversation clubs in the middle of the aisle, dragging along at 0.001mph or telling their life story to cashier after counting two quadzillion pennies for payment..

Lol ahhh Matt that was good - im not alone lol

Same going on in Indianapolis. No regard for
    others around them, just on their phones
    without a care in the world. Slowing traffic,
    blocking aisles. Distracted driving is the worst,
    I posted a thread on Garage Journal about
    people texting and driving, and most everyone
    concurs, Texting and driving is getting worse.

don't know about the stores you go to. the store we go to still has hitching posts for the buggies. it is run by Amish or Mennonite .

Stone age, Bronze age, Iron age, ------------------ computer age - - - the great disconnect age,,, and I don't believe there's anything planned after that...

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    About two years ago,I was waiting in the checkout line at my local independent grocer minding my own business.A zombie rolled up behind me and ran her buggy into my Achilles tendon on my left ankle which hurt like a bastard.I generally don't get angry and fly completely off the handle in private,let alone in public,but when I turned around and saw the dimwit just standing there still talking on her cell phone.And that she not only paid no mind to running into me and I had to push her buggy off of may leg even after she hit me,I lost it.

I finally got her attention alright,grabbed the basket,shook half the stuff out of it and yelling at the top of my lungs said "watch where you are going you stupid c**t!" You could have heard a pin drop in the store,but it really did hurt to the point I was still limping a little three months later.
    Now that was funny!

Don't blame you one bit for coming uncorked,,, that can actually be a very serious injury and im kinda surprised shopping carts don't have a lower plastic shield bumper all the way around up front,,, a half inch off the ground so it just scoots your shoe instead of the horrible connection it makes when someone is trying to walk forward and their ankle gets trapped,

the bio-mechanics of this is if the carts fully loaded up front it really does not take a hard hit at all - just trap the ankle from raising and you can tear everything loose back there just in the walking motion...

this is beyond someone who's just tired and struggling to get through their day - or all the other whining excuses like she may have been up all night because her kids all fell ill and she's taking care of an elder who's about to die - wha wha wha type stuff,,, the *itch was still yappin her gums after hitting him and even after he had to remove the cart from his ankle,,, my opinion is she should be locked away somewhere with others who behave just like her and let them all sort it out...

Edit; second thought ------ with something this obvious and with witnesses all around --- and im not the suing type but the only way to stop a sloth like this is to rake her through the coals and take her for everything she's got... this is the place for a lawyer...
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 09-22-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Sooner or later they all seem to look after themselves.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

That is so powerful, that and more like it need to be ran in commercials over and over again and even the very graphic where you know the person is dead,,, I don't give a crap about little "Timmy" seeing it and the repercussions,,, think about the repercussions of just burying this --- like were doing.

thanks Willy --- all the sudden the laughable got downright serious didn't it ?

I can not speak for the rest of Germany but here where we live the stores are fine. Granted we do most of our shopping at a store where you have to be a member with a commercial kitchen. Such as restaurants and such. Security is pretty tight there also and it has covered parking to boot! Most of our food gets delivered to us as we order online. I haven't one time encountered what you all are talking about in the stores.....now just walking in town is different. Then you have the losers on their phones that you have to watch out for.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!