Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. how bad is food shopping in the inner cities?

Default O.T. how bad is food shopping in the inner cities?

Been many of moons since i posted an off topic,,, long overdue rant about just trying to pick up a few things to eat at my local grocery store and keep in mind i live in a fairly small town - like were talking 35,000 or something,,, anyways --- cannot believe how rude people have become,

im not exaggerating when I say I could have made it out of there in half the time,,, but some people walking directly down the isle at snails pace and it really might be considered rude of me to walk past at either side because of "startling" them and maybe even brushing up against them, then - i counted at least a half dozen times where people are looking at something to buy and have their cart parked directly in the isle!!!

some diagonally - im just a guy with a hand held cart and cannot get around,,, it's unbelievable how rude people have become, two "graizers" talking in the middle of the isle --------------- geeze im standing there just like with the deranged cart people and waiting to get bye them and stand and wait till they finish their conversation about their current medical problems --- felt like telling them to just "put down the fork" and problem solved,,, stop food shopping idiots that's what's getting you into so much trouble...

it's really unbelievable the unawareness going on --- talking on their cellies with no care in the world about jamming up traffic,,, geeze, i almost always just have a hand held plastic cart i carry and im still looking to the left and looking to the right just to make sure im not blocking anyone while picking something out to eat,,,

I go through all this and im getting progressively steamed --- but got all my stuff and am making my way to the self check-out, when here again there's this guy talking on his cell and his carts dead nuts in the middle of the isle --- so I have to swing my fully laden plastic cart in align with myself to make my way through, ooops - think it kinda through me off balance and my ass hit the tail end of his cart and sent it his way and their might have been a minor impact into the guys shin... I did happen to look back long enough to catch that kind of a look,,, lol wake up A-holes!

and now related to another off-topic,,, the problem starts with behavior and that's where the solution resides, not in trying to create an autonomous shopping cart,,, yeah same with on the roads,,, pay attention idiot's or Dan will get his way turning you into a mindless drone that never will have to be reminded on how to treat other people - no - we'll leave that all up to the machines... what a world...

Obviously improperly armed. A squeeze bulb horn or even the nuclear option of a compressed gas horn seems to be what is needed for the environment.

Better get some before they have to be registered.

I feel your pain. We hate shopping. Much prefer the stroll to the garden. No cell phone signal from any provider where we live so its not a popular property for the self absorbed masses.
    Bill Pendergrass
    Rotec RM-1 w/Rusnok head
    Atlas TH42 QC10

Quote Originally Posted by rzbill View Post
    Obviously improperly armed. A squeeze bulb horn or even the nuclear option of a compressed gas horn seems to be what is needed for the environment.

Better get some before they have to be registered.

I feel your pain. We hate shopping. Much prefer the stroll to the garden. No cell phone signal from any provider where we live so its not a popular property for the self absorbed masses.
    Wow ---- i had no idea you actually had places shielded from cell phone coverage where you live,,, that's cool, would not affect me one bit cuz i don't own one... who really knows what bombarding our air waves with all this crap does anyways - and if not to us idiots what about the higher species that's flying around doing productive things in life like creating honey and stuff...

I don't shop much. Good wife handles that, and I'm very thankful for it. But--Occasionally I pick up something at a convenience store or at my drug store. And what happens when I get in the line up?--Some bozo ahead of me buying lottery tickets. Ever since the government clued in about all the money they could make on lotteries, I almost go rabid in a store line up. I don't have any personal problems with gambling, but dang, I wish they could have figured out a better venue than selling tickets in stores.
    Brian Rupnow

Sounds like you like shopping as much as you like some brands of motorcycles.
    it's like heavy traffic, it takes as long as it takes ....watching the time just make's it seem longer.
    if it were me I would be saying Excuse Me loudly whenever they get in the way. The self absorbed need reminders quite often..
    Maybe you got to get out more..

Quote Originally Posted by 754 View Post
    if it were me I would be saying Excuse Me loudly whenever they get in the way. The self absorbed need reminders quite often..
    Maybe you got to get out more..
    Thats what I do. I dont stew in my emotions. I just say excuse me and all is well. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by rzbill View Post
    . . .the nuclear option of a compressed gas horn. . .
    Even better, a 'lightly compressed' gas released in the right direction might clear the path!

35,000 is a small town? Is that a typo?

If it makes you feel any better, all those people also probably think they met the rudest person in the world while they were at the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by brian Rupnow View Post
    I don't shop much. Good wife handles that, and I'm very thankful for it. But--Occasionally I pick up something at a convenience store or at my drug store. And what happens when I get in the line up?--Some bozo ahead of me buying lottery tickets. Ever since the government clued in about all the money they could make on lotteries, I almost go rabid in a store line up. I don't have any personal problems with gambling, but dang, I wish they could have figured out a better venue than selling tickets in stores.
    Bri --- that's a whole nuther can of worms and i concur and feel your pain,,, it really does puzzle me how someone can knowingly have a half dozen people in line behind them and then go all indecision on just how many of this and how many of that type of tickets they want,,, the icing on the cake? try keeping your cool when one of them wants to scratch the tickets off as their buying them and still stay at the register and hold everyone up while they play their little game...

Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post

If it makes you feel any better, all those people also probably think they met the rudest person in the world while they were at the grocery store.
    So you come here often? lol