Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. how bad is food shopping in the inner cities?

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    You could have heard a pin drop in the store,but it really did hurt to the point I was still limping a little three months later.
    An inflamed achilles tendon is a very serious injury that can take a long time to heal, as you unfortunately experienced. It also tends to recur. To add further injury to the insult, that limp and funny walk you do in response tend to cause inflamation and injury to the knee and hip, because they are not supposed to move that way. As soon as it starts to feel better, you go and do something like normal life, and bam - it's inflamed again. The healing from this is all so much worse when we get older.

One of the best things I have found to treat it is to wear extremely supportive boots, like very heavy hiking boots, with lots of arch support and ankle support. It is a huge hassle but makes a big difference to healing. The arch support in any footware is key, and wearing no shoes is bad.

I think she should have been liable for the consequences of her distracted cart driving - mowing your lawn, etc. A judge should have sentenced her to be your butler for 3 monthes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    I think she should have been liable for the consequences of her distracted cart driving - mowing your lawn, etc. A judge should have sentenced her to be your butler for 3 monthes.
    Oh no,seeing how incompetent she was with a grocery cart.....

On the other hand,not being allowed to own a cellphone for a year or five,that would have been fitting and the world would be just a bit safer for everybody else.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Don't blame you one bit for coming uncorked,,, that can actually be a very serious injury and im kinda surprised shopping carts don't have a lower plastic shield bumper all the way around up front,,, a half inch off the ground so it just scoots your shoe instead of the horrible connection it makes when someone is trying to walk forward and their ankle gets trapped,
    The part that got me was that bent steel tube bumper of sorts in front of the wheels.I'm not the type to sue either and I really didn't realize how bad I was hurt at the time either.I figured it would walk off in a bit,but that turned into months.

This wasn't a love tap either,it was damn near walking speed,any harder I would have been in real trouble.

round i guess better than square --- come to think about it WS is id hate to be the engineer on this one,,, my low slung plastic bumper might be a great idea for the heel thing but what about the people wearing sandals and facing the other way or sideways? strip their toenails all the way back,,, not allot of fun with that one either...

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    I finally got her attention alright,grabbed the basket,shook half the stuff out of it and yelling at the top of my lungs said "watch where you are going you stupid c**t!" You could have heard a pin drop in the store,but it really did hurt to the point I was still limping a little three months later.
    Hey. Sometimes thats what it takes for these phone zombies. What sucks? B will be doing it again somewhere. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Thats what I do. I dont stew in my emotions. I just say excuse me and all is well. JR
    Me too. being a guy I don't want to spend any more time in the grocery store than I have to. My shopping is more like a commando raid. Most people treat it as a day out.

Originally Posted by thaiguzzi
    Don't even go there...
    "improperly armed"
    You are in the USA fer chrissakes.
    The next mass shooting - man goes ballistic in supermarket because someone blocked his aisle with a trolley, pulls out his AR15 and shoots 73 customers.....

So is the moral of that story to be properly armed?

And yet the entire USA 'mass murder' total for the year probably doesn't equal 6 months of the 'drug deals gone wrong' total in Chicago.

BTW a quick google search makes it apparent that there are a some things that you can say in Thailand that will get you a longer jail sentence then an manslaughter charge here in the states.

Thanks, but I'll take my chances here
    paul
    ARS W9PCS

Esto Vigilans

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should...
    but you may have to

Quote Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
    Me too. being a guy I don't want to spend any more time in the grocery store than I have to. My shopping is more like a commando raid. Most people treat it as a day out.
    Same here,I usually go in knowing exactly what I want,where it is and the most efficient route through the store to get it.Also have just enough money tucked in my shirt pocket to cover it so I don't even have to pull my wallet out.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmonger View Post
    And yet the entire USA 'mass murder' total for the year probably doesn't equal 6 months of the 'drug deals gone wrong' total in Chicago.
    329: 2019 total homicides (of all types) in Chicago thru Sept 1
    335: 2019 deaths in U.S. from mass shootings thru Sept 1

Define mass shootings. We keep here that number, (300+ mass shootings this year) but they hardly ever make the nation wide news like a few lately. What is a mass shooting, more then 3, 4 what. There was, a few weeks ago, a mass murder where a man stabbed 23 people. Some died some where injured. The first one was caught on a security camera in a laundromat, watch the news "you to can watch a murder", forgotten in a day or so, no assault rifle used so it wasn't important enough to get coverage. Where was the nation wide coverage for that??? Apparently it is OK the kill a bunch of people, in the US, as long as you don't use an assault rifle.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/