Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: O.T. how bad is food shopping in the inner cities?

Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    329: 2019 total homicides (of all types) in Chicago thru Sept 1
    335: 2019 deaths in U.S. from mass shootings thru Sept 1
    So Chicago manged almost as many murders as the other 327 million people in America combined.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
    Me too. being a guy I don't want to spend any more time in the grocery store than I have to. My shopping is more like a commando raid. Most people treat it as a day out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    Same here,I usually go in knowing exactly what I want,where it is and the most efficient route through the store to get it.Also have just enough money tucked in my shirt pocket to cover it so I don't even have to pull my wallet out.

Ha Ha Ha. I think most guys are on the same page here. Just put it in the cart, no need to read the nutritional info, compare brands, do a cost per ounce analysis, etc.
    Not like shopping with a woman.
    Reminds me of the indecisive lioness hunting. LOL

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

So Chicago manged almost as many murders as the other 327 million people in America combined.
    No, not even close.

No, not even close.
    351 shot and killed in Chicago as of today.

https://heyjackass.com/

Actual mass shootings are outliers,what's going on in Chicago is day in day out.
    Last edited by wierdscience; 09-22-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by loose nut View Post
    Define mass shootings.We keep here that number, (300+ mass shootings this year) but they hardly ever make the nation wide news like a few lately. What is a mass shooting, more then 3, 4 what.
    I think that particular number was culled from several sources, most of which were based on 4 or more people shot in one incident.
    There was, a few weeks ago, a mass murder where a man stabbed 23 people. Some died some where injured. The first one was caught on a security camera in a laundromat, watch the news "you to can watch a murder", forgotten in a day or so, no assault rifle used so it wasn't important enough to get coverage. Where was the nation wide coverage for that??? Apparently it is OK the kill a bunch of people, in the US, as long as you don't use an assault rifle.
    There was widespread coverage of a stabbing spree in Orange County last month, with 4 killed and 2 injured. Which incident are you referring to?

Yes, but there are nearly 20,000 homicides in the U.S every year, so the following statement isn't remotely true:

Chicago managed almost as many murders as the other 327 million people in America combined.

Yes, but there are nearly 20,000 homicides in the U.S every year, so the following statement isn't remotely true:
    Neither is the "mass murder" count number.The number that really counts never gets mentioned-the number of murders that are cleared and arrests made,which is pathetic given the amount we spend on law enforcement and prosecution.

Neither is the "mass murder" count number.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that.

The number that really counts never gets mentioned-the number of murders that are cleared and arrests made,which is pathetic given the amount we spend on law enforcement and prosecution.
    The murder conviction rate is about 70% in the U.S. Is that the number you're concerned about?

Actual mass shootings are outliers,what's going on in Chicago is day in day out.
    Come on now. South side Chicago is a and has been a slaughterhouse for 10 years that I know of.

Before that it was Baltimore MD. Before that nd before the hurricane that wiped out the town New Orleans was the Murder Capital of the US. Before that it was New York in the 70s.

I am not talking out the side of my mouth. You can do just like I did and investigate it with the local print media. Its a thing. Dont put your head in the sand. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info