Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O. T. 5G Phones

Still running an S8+ quite happily. When 4G came out here, the data was good but you couldn't actually make calls on it. So the phone took a while to be notified of a call over 4G and then drop back to 3G to accept it. Would imagine that it's going to be similar with 5G in that it'll take the networks and the phone manufacturers a while to sync up and you may find you're on a early adopter phone that cannot match up to the finalised standard.

If you're contemplating an S9+ vs an S9, as well as your trouser pocket you may also want to check where you put it in the car. My last phone sat very nicely in a little slot in the centre console but the extra inch of the S8+ means it doesn't fit there anymore. If you have a glass-mount holder it probably makes no difference.....but just a thought.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a respectable replacement to my flipper.

Andy

Andy I think you're taking the name "flip" phone a little too literal if you're using it to flip steaks....

After lugging a S5 around since new, me and the wife decided to upgrade to the S9 last week....not a bad phone, way more modern...and ALOT cheaper than the friggin S10 they are pushing....I aint payin no damn $1k for a stupid ass phone...the kids in Bestbuy were confused that i wanted the "old" S9 instead of the grand apple pos or the full monty S10....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm a happy S9+ user, but if I was buying a new Samsung today, I'd be tempted by the S10e. The pricepoint seems to be right between the "old" S9 and the S10. That being said, if you're really good at hunting down deals you can find some prices that could make the S9 the hands-down choice, especially considering that features from the S10 line are being migrated to the S9 and S9+. I got an update yesterday that, among other things, added the dedicated "night mode" to the camera that the S10 line was released with. The S9/S9+ are also slated to get Android 10. Support is strong enough for the "old" line of S9 devices that they remain a pretty tempting option.

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to make a respectable replacement to my flipper.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/n...features-price