Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Call into the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Witwaks View Post

I did not make any friends on the site and will you please be my first friend?
    No.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Just ignore black forest. He doesnt know how to be friendly. I think its got to do with him being an american stuck in a foreign country and his sheep dont understand him . So he suffers from a bit of frustration.

He doesnt understand that us S Africans are actually a warm welcoming nation.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    Just ignore black forest. He doesnt know how to be friendly. I think its got to do with him being an american stuck in a foreign country and his sheep dont understand him . So he suffers from a bit of frustration.

He doesnt understand that us S Africans are actually a warm welcoming nation.
    You are right. My sheep didn't understand me so I ate them. All of them. Ha Ha. Of course you S Africans are a warm welcoming nation. You have to be. Who in their right mind would live in that awful country.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Black forest . yes our country has problems and we have to constantly watch our backs and no one hasnt felt the devestating effects due to violence. Its the little things that give life meaning and pleasure.
    Maybe Kobus made a strange entry but I think it takes the same amount of energy to say YES to a friend request than it does to say no.After all why bother coming on to a hobby site if you cant help your fellow man in time of need.
    Its why I come here .This site gives me inspiration.

... I think it takes the same amount of energy to say YES to a friend request than it does to say no.
    "YES" is 3 letters and you have to hold down the caps key. "no" is only 2 letters and doesn't require the caps key, so there is a considerable energy savings denying his friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    "YES" is 3 letters and you have to hold down the caps key. "no" is only 2 letters and doesn't require the caps key, so there is a considerable energy savings denying his friend request.
    But in German yes is Ja. And in S Africa yes is also ja.Just two letters.

But in German yes is Ja. And in S Africa yes is also ja.Just two letters.
    Good point. I'll be his friend -- once I finish my Afrikaans class.

Black forest . yes our country has problems and we have to constantly watch our backs and no one hasnt felt the devestating effects due to violence. Its the little things that give life meaning and pleasure.
    Maybe Kobus made a strange entry but I think it takes the same amount of energy to say YES to a friend request than it does to say no.After all why bother coming on to a hobby site if you cant help your fellow man in time of need.
    Its why I come here .This site gives me inspiration.
    You make it sound like he was in dire straights and needed life saving help. Na isn't and wasn't. Even after he realized his original post was not well received and several of us wrote regarding the unnecessary music crap he inserted in his post he still HAD to do it in his apology to me/us.

Also my answer of NO was more a tongue in cheek response originally but now after you make such a big deal out of it my answer is a serious NO. I think he will still sleep OK.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    You make it sound like he was in dire straights and needed life saving help. Na isn't and wasn't. Even after he realized his original post was not well received and several of us wrote regarding the unnecessary music crap he inserted in his post he still HAD to do it in his apology to me/us.

Also my answer of NO was more a tongue in cheek response originally but now after you make such a big deal out of it my answer is a serious NO. I think he will still sleep OK.....
    Have you ever actually been to S Africa.?You might fall in love with it.An emoji would explain your tongue in cheek comment.I dont want to get in a school yard fight with you. This is probably the first uncomfortable interaction I have ever had on any forum. I will sleep well tonight,

Hello guys,
    Trying to correct my first thread and apology to all – I never realized it will cause such responses and sorry for that.

I am new to the site, not that experienced and busy assembling a Fragram LHB 108 lathe, made in Taiwan in 1982/3 but I can’t find anything about it on the internet. I understand it had been copied (like many other brands) from the South Bend and it seems the Select 816 B, David 400 and Lin Huan are exactly the same machines. Pictures attached.

I stripped the lathe and took a lot of pictures with my cell phone and unfortunately, I went for a knee replacement and sadly, I was pick-pocket and lost all.

There is a kind of manual available from the UK ($120) which is a bit pricy and believes not totally correct.

I am begging for anyone who can supply me with a manual of any of the above machines matching the pictures attached. There are some bushes, gears, and parts I can’t figure out and would like to use the ‘training/operating’ part in the manual to allow me to use the lathe functionally.

Please, guys, I am from South Africa and it seems I am the only one who owns such a machine in the country. My email address is - kobusvanderm@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

White wax
    An ordinary and normal person

Ps: Thanks to all who replied to my thread and the advice, Paul Alciatore, Black Forest, plunger, lynnl, nickel-city-fab, danlb, tomato coupe. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]