Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call into the Universe

Default Call into the Universe

Moderator, please have mercy on me with this one.

Major Tom calling Ground Control (David Bowie) (↔)

Ref: Thread - partsproduction; 08-22-2015 – Select 8X16 Lathe

I manage to get my old Fragram LHB108 lathe back (6 years) with some rust, broken and missing parts and without the manual. I understand it is a copy of the South Bend and the same as the Select 816 B, David 400 and Lin Huan.

I am new to the site (Learning to Fly-Pink Floyd), not that experienced (Simple man-Lynyrd Skynyrd) and want to get started (Don’t worry be happy – Bob Marley). Sometimes I feel lost (A horse with no name - America) and stuck (Bleeding me – Metallica).

Three months ago, I stripped the lathe and took a lot of pictures of items and their sequence with my cell phone and unfortunately, I went for a knee replacement. Sadly, I was pick-pocket and lost all memories. At this stage, I am a bit sad and then the madam is also looking at me with a ‘stinky eye’ and serious questions.

(Please don’t let me be misunderstood – The animals) I would like some guidance to solve my problem of which I am dreaming to complete assembling (Can’t take my eyes off you – Franki Valli) but is troubled with the correct order: Headstock, Cross slide, Compound rest, Tailstock, etc. (Bridge over troubled water – Simon and Garfunkel). The year is ending, and time goes by (Neverending Story – Limahl).

I posted a thread under Third Hand and did not get any responses but believe it was the wrong Forum -Thanks Paul Alciatore – senior member for the advice.

There is a kind of manual available from the UK ($120) which is a bit pricy and believes not totally correct. The South African Rand is currently very, very low.

Before entering into major problems when starting up (Eve of Destruction – Barry McGuire) I am begging for anyone who can supply me with a manual of any of the above machines and match the pictures attached.
    Please, guys, I am from South Africa and it seems I am the only one who owns such a machine in the country (Don’t let me down – Beatles) and I am willing to pay for the copying and costs. (High hopes – Pink Floyd). My email address is - kobusvanderm@gmail.com

Thanks a lot (Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits)

White wax

Ps. As referred on top, Partsproduction also made the same request to get a manual on the site in 2015 and I tried to contact him but no response.

Bump. Got stuck in moderation filter over the weekend.
    George

Welkom Kobus . Draaibanke is n simple ding om mekaar te sit .Van watte dorpie af is jy.?Ja ek is n sout piel .Can I guess your day job. You have have to be a musician.

looks good

Please use meaningful topic titles The Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da (hate the Police)

Don't anyone help this lunatic until he deletes all that music crap from his post.......what kind of drugs are you on man? Even A.K. Boomer doesn't get so out of it when he's been drinking his red wine koolaid....
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

I think Kobus has some good music taste.Isnt this just a simple generic southbend 9. We should be able to puzzle it out. Kobus pm me your cell no .Ill give you a call. But Im quite a doff oke.But my mate is busy putting one together so we should figure it out.

Kobus is that another project lying on your table.?The 4x6 bandsaw or am I not seeing properly.?

I'm with Black Forest.

It's hard enough to try to decipher and make sense of someone's questions and problems, even without a bunch of rambling, irrelevant sentences and phrases interspersed throughout.

Plunger, I am originally from Limpopo (Bela Bela) but moved to the Western Cape (Glentana) two years ago. I really like this site but maybe I went a bit 'overboard' with the thread - my wife warned me but they all seem to such a lot of nice guys. I manage to assemble most of the sections today but I have a huge problem. After coming back from a knee replacement my dear garden technician decided to surprise me and moved all big and small parts to another spot. Currently, I am spending more time looking for parts. Where are you based and thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    I think Kobus has some good music taste.Isnt this just a simple generic southbend 9. We should be able to puzzle it out. Kobus pm me your cell no .Ill give you a call. But Im quite a doff oke.But my mate is busy putting one together so we should figure it out.
    It looks very similar to a newer model South Bend 9A, probably from the 1960's or 1070's. I will bet those manuals are online download for free somewhere.