Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: New Ranger pickup impressions so far

Default OT: New Ranger pickup impressions so far

Base model ranger XL, not crew cab, just the jump seat version, with differential lock as only option aside from window tint that I would have preferred not to have, and vinyl seats, which I would also have preferred not to have.

Got about 50 miles on it now. Found one issue already:

The vehicle is equipped with a collision warning system that looks out the front and is supposed to alert you to a vehicle too close, or that you are approaching too fast. So far, with it set to max sensitivity, it has yet to do a thing, even though cars have abruptly slowed ahead of me to make a turn, etc. Range is supposed to be 80 feet or more, and the cars were closer than that, but no worky so far, at least as far as I can see.

Not that I desperately want this or anything, but if it is on the vehicle, it should work. I can always turn it off if I choose, but it should be working. The thing is new, after all.

Yes, I am pretty sure it is turned on. the salesman checked it, and I did again today, setting it to max sensitivity. (lots of menus and so forth)
    Last edited by J Tiers; 10-06-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Talk to Danlb,,, according to him it should be 100% foolproof and never should have a problem as it's designed by programmers you know ---------------------- lol

Did I hear my name mentioned? hehe.

Boomer, please don't stir up crap. It's not appreciated.
    Last edited by danlb; 10-06-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

A "base" model Ranger with menus?? It's a sign of the apocalypse
    I just need one more tool,just one!

That is pretty blatant s**t-disturbing.....

But, if it is a failure, and not my misunderstanding part of the 508 pages of manual that describes how things work, and how to set them up......... well, then it is almost certainly a hardware failure and not a software issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    A "base" model Ranger with menus?? It's a sign of the apocalypse
    yep, menus, LOTS of menus.... and that 508 page manual to explain how to use them..... I'll bet very few ever manage to make sense out of the manual, which covers EVERY model of Ranger, and has a LOT of notes reminding you that this or that feature may not be on your particular model.

It would also help if the manual clearly showed what I am looking at..... it seems slightly behind, since at least two icons on the screen I cannot find in the manual. Yes, this is substantially a "glass cockpit"... and so were the other vehicles I looked at.
    Last edited by J Tiers; 10-06-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Cool down man - nothing lasts forever...

I drive a 88 civic, it has power steering and power brakes!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    I drive a 88 civic, it has power steering and power brakes!
    Honestly Andy, power steering and brakes...on a Civic no less?
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Lets just hope for Jerry's sake that ford finally got a handle on how to design a proper "interior control module" for their damn rangers,,,

geeze --- im really not supposed to ever be working on fords yet iv been plagued with them mainly for that reason, cab lights turning on during the middle of the night draining peoples batterys, door lock gremlins with a mind of their own,,, on and on just total piles of crap due to a single component...

I don't know where TH is in world rankings in pick up trucks sold, but its near or at the top, with 60-65% of all vehicle sales being pick ups, hence over half a million per annum.
    Not accounting for exports.
    Every mid size pick up truck you can think of is made here (bar VW and Merc), and everyone of them is diesel.
    There are no (Praise the Lord) petrol engines available for pick ups and most mid size SUV's.
    Toyota, Mitsu, Isuzu, Nissan, Chev, Ford et al all have factories making & exporting cars and pick ups.
    There is a reason why TH is called the Detroit of the East.
    For 2 odd decades Toyota has been number 1 by a considerable margin.
    Followed by Isuzu in number 2, by a considerable margin.
    These two have market share of approx 70-80 %. The rest pick up (excuse the pun...) the crumbs, currently since the new 2013-14 Ranger came out, Ford in 3rd place.
    Before the new Ranger came out, 3rd was always contested by Nissan or Mitsu.