Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical Machinist down again?

Millman Guest

Thumbs down

Some people have nothing better to worry about. Do you really like that site or you just want something to "Be Amazed" about?

------------------
    BFH

Post Practical Machinist down again?

I haven't been able to go there all day and haven't seen anything posted here like Don usually does. Is anybody else having this trouble?
    Michael

Unhappy

Yep, its seriously down.

[This message has been edited by daryl bane (edited 03-02-2006).]

He is probably changing hosting services. It could take a while for the DNS SOA to propogate so may come back up at different times for different people.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

The General(temporary) section is active. Don has posted status reports.
    Software For Metalworking
    http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Last estimate (as of about 1600EST) was that the site will be back up at 2000EST today.

OK fellows, just wanted to be sure it wasn't me. Thanks a bunch!!!
    Michael

Once the new host is active, all of the DNS servers around the world have to be updated with the new address. This can take up to 24 hours. I suspect some people can access the new site now. Just keep trying.

------------------
    Leigh W3NLB
    Leigh
    The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
    of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

just checked it, still down. Guess everyone finally got tired of pi.

CCBW, MAH

I can't get it either! Here's the errors I'm getting:

There was a compilation error while loading the UBB.classic libraries and data files:

Can't locate /big/dom/xpracticalmachinist/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/vars_display.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: ./Modules . /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl) at ultimatebb.cgi line 129.

Please make sure that you uploaded the CGI and Variables files to the proper directory, permissions are set properly on the files, and that paths in the control panel are set correctly.