Thread: Emergency Eye Wash Station

jfsmith Guest

Post Emergency Eye Wash Station

I was told today, that I need to put some kind of emergency eye flush staion in the shop and that the garden hose was good enough. Any one have suggestions on brands and types???

Thanks,

Jerry

Get an all rubber hose with real brass fittings. They don't break or crack when kinked and don't leak. Make sure it has a spray fitting at the business end that turns off properly so it can be left charged. You don't want to have to find the faucet with acid in you eyes.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Too bad you didn't ask this last week,I just threw away a stainless steel full size regulation eyewash stand with emergency shower.

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 11-12-2004).]
    I just need one more tool,just one!

There are some pretty stringent requirements regarding eye wash stations. The water must be filtered, minimum flow requirements must be met, the water must remain on until intentionally shut off, location and signage requirements must be met. Stations must be inspected and tested on a regular basis and proper records kept.

An improper station can cause as much damage as it prevents. A hose will work for you in your garage, but if you are providing safety equipment for your employees, certain requirements must be met.

McMaster Carr handles a large selection of such equipment, Haws is one manufacturer that comes to mind.
    Jim H.

In my subterrainean lair, okay, it's a basement.

C&H has a pretty good selection of eye wash stations. If you have a slop sink(a good idea in the shop) they sell a faucet with a eye wash on it.

HTRN

------------------
    This Old Shed
    EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

tattoomike68 Guest

we have a Faucet Mounted Eye Wash, it just screws into the sink faucet.

Its cheap and works fine. just like this one.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/product/productInfo.web?infoParam.m ode=1&infoParam.itemKey=30051513

[This message has been edited by tattoomike68 (edited 11-14-2004).]