Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Fast ! Before Tomorrow!!

Post Help! Fast ! Before Tomorrow!!

Thers a lathe on ebay that i want to buy, no bids as of yet. My dad spoked with the owner and he had an agreement that if no one bids, he would sell the lathe to us for 200$ cheeper than what is on ebay.

However people wait until the last moment to bid. Should i bid and lose 200$? or should i wait for the bid to end, contact the owner and get it for 200$ cheaper, but risk losing the lathe on the count that someone might bid 1 minute before the bid ends???

BTW: cant tell you which lathe it is on the count that i really badly want it, unless you live in the states or sumtin since im in canada

I don't know anything about that make and model but it looks very decent and comes with a very nice selection of tooling and accessories. Chances are someone will snipe it at the last moment. As long as it is in good condition it is certainly worth what he is asking in CDN dollars. Doesn't look like a tremclad rebuild either. You and your budget will have to decide what to do.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Gee should I jump into the water or is there rocks underneath?

I have been beat out on 18 items since last week.

All of them in the last minute. All more than I wanted to pay. All were dissapointing.

No help, sorry.

David

Good Luck! I hope ot works out for you. Fred

BillH Guest

I noticed theres a South Bend 9" model C on ebay for 199$. Only problem is that there is 2 large notches cutout on the V ways of the bed at a very bad spot. I think one could part that thing out and get their money back, does look to have a full set of change gears.
    I've been raping myself lately getting change gears on Ebay, one jackass tried to snipe me last minute, but my highest bid was only a few $ more. The other change gear I sniped them.
    I cant stand Ebay, especially for South Bend 9" lathe parts.

BillH Guest

Is it this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...859054061&rd=1
    Hmm, how come I sense Deja Vu looking at that lathe? did some one post it today earlier? Anyone notice the paint on the leadscrew? Sloppy paint job, but hell if its in really good condition, not going to find a better 9" lathe for home shop.

[This message has been edited by BillH (edited 12-08-2004).]

Elninio...Remember where that lathe is...whoever buys it is going to have to move it. It's a tough call....you'll easily spend $200 running around looking at other lathes, etc. but if you can save $200 then you are that much tooling,etc, ahead. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by torker (edited 12-08-2004).]
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Na thats not the one, im in canada remmber? also the shippment menthod is local pickup ONLY

BillH Guest

Yeh Elninio, notice the link is Ebay Canada?

torker, what you mean? im sorta confused i dont really understand what you mean exept for the last sentence, but the lathe is already loadded with $800+ worth of accesories including cutting tools, vices, chucks, stock, stand, collant, etc