Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Getting old.

Talking OT: Getting old.

Had to pass this along -

Whether a man winds up with a nest egg, or a goose egg, depends alot on the kind of chick he marries.

Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin' his salt, that he forgets his sugar.

Too many couples marry for better, or for worse, but not for good.

When a man marries a woman, they become one; but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

If a man has enough horse sense to treat his wife like a thoroughbred, she will never turn into an old nag.

On anniversaries, the wise husband always forgets the past - but never the present.

A foolish husband says to his wife, "Honey, you stick to the washin', ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'. No wife of mine is gonna work."

The bonds of matrimony are a good investment, only when the interest is kept up.

Many girls like to marry a military man - he can cook, sew, and make beds, and is in good health, and he's already used to taking orders.

Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age, and start bragging about it.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth.... Remember about Algebra.

You know you are getting old, when everything either dries up, or leaks.

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.

Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald, they don't recognize you.

On old age, my father has often told me...

"The only thing golden about my golden years is his urine."

As I am typing this, he is lying in a hospital bed. He was diagnosed with bladder cancer, and the treatments have not gone very well. I would like to ask that the fellow members here remember him in your prayers. I can only hope that he does not have to suffer. My mother suffered with cancer for quite a long time, and it is not a pretty site. Thanks in advance.
    Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)

Yeah, old age sucks and women have an agenda totally different from ours, they are just more vigilant about it.

We are thinking about you Arbo, most of us have been in that situation, and we know how difficult it is for all involved.

"the older i get,the better i was"
    Hans

"the older i get,the better i was"
    Hans

You start repeating yourself when you get old!

jfsmith Guest

I find that my joints that once were so agile are now stiff and painful, especially in winter.

Medical science has extended my life, but has it made the quality of my life better, only time will tell.

I am now older than my father at the time he passed on. I suffer from all of the same diseases and conditions that he did, but science has changed, so I can live longer.

I now know why so many of my contenporays move to Florida.

Jerry

Dont say 80 years old, Say 80 years young

When someone says
    "In my day" what he is really saying is "today is not looking so great and tomorrow is going to be a long shot"

J

Wink

One piece of advice that my father gave me about women and aging:
    "Take a good look at the mother of the girl you are going to marry/spent your days with, because that what she may look like in 20+ years."

My mother-in-law is in her mid 50's and she could past for a girl in her late 20's!!
    please visit my webpage:
    http://motorworks88.webs.com/