Thread: Looking for Atlas 10f gear covers

Post Looking for Atlas 10f gear covers

I've been looking all over for the two covers for my old Atlas 10F with QC box. This is the upper/lower combination that cover the gear train. Hoping someone will have a set they would sell or swap for. It's all I need to complete a nice machine.

Rex B
    Fort Worth

Keep an eye on ebay... seems like someone is always parting out a good ole' atlas 10F. Sooner or later you'll find them.

Tim

[This message has been edited by Tinkerer (edited 01-31-2005).]
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Rex

I looked for a long time for the same covers. A pair finally showed up on e bay a few months ago but they sold for an unbelievable high price, more than $100 as I remember. So be prepared to pay dearly if you find them. Almost cheaper to buy a complete junk lathe. What I finally did, by the way, was locate a set that were all cracked and chipped and rebuilt them with JB Weld, screws, strips of metal, etc. They work fine and look ok after a coat of paint. Good Luck.

Ray

I've watched ebay for 6 months and not seen one come up. I did buy a 1-piece for a change-gear lathe, thinking to modify it, but it doesn't look good.

I did find a set for $175, but that's more than they are worth to me....so far.

I could almost build them up out of 1/8" aluminum sheet. May try that.

Thanks