Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use G91
    use a G4p1
    Then a M102 to auto repeat. The G4P1 gives you a 1 second pause between cuts so you have time to hit a cycle stop button, because it will loop indefinitely with the M102 command.
    Use MDI to set G91, and make the first cut, then open the file below and run it. It will auto repeat.
    run it in a simulator first to verify it does what you want, so you don't crash. I'm still learning myself.

G00 X.005 Y.003
    G01 Z-1F5
    G0X-.003 Y-.003
    G0Z1
    G4P1
    M102
    Last edited by RB211; 01-19-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      Use G91
      use a G4p1
      Then a M102 to auto repeat. The G4P1 gives you a 1 second pause between cuts so you have time to hit a cycle stop button, because it will loop indefinitely with the M102 command.
      Use MDI to set G91, and make the first cut, then open the file below and run it. It will auto repeat.
      run it in a simulator first to verify it does what you want, so you don't crash. I'm still learning myself.

G00 X.005 Y.003
      G01 Z-1F5
      G0X-.003 Y-.003
      G0Z1
      G4P1
      M102
      As near as I can tell M100 - M199 are user defined M-codes. For example some 3D printers use those including M102 for extruder commands. Perhaps Acorn has their own predefined M102 that repeats code? Lots of machine controllers have their own special features.
      *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

I was curious so I spent a few minutes. For Mach 3 M47 is to repeat program from first line.,
        https://machmotion.com/blog/knowledge-support-mcode

On the Tormach PathPilot supported M codes page it does not show M47.
        https://www.tormach.com/supported-m-codes-reference/

LinuxCNC (Tormach PathPilot is a LinuxCNC derivative) also does not appear to list M47.
        http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html

M47 may or may not work on PathPilot or LinuxCNC, but I have had poor luck with undocumented commands in the past. Can't hurt to try I guess.
        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

M102 very well could be Centroid specific

Comment

I joined ebay last week. Bought some steel.

Had trouble getting ebay to accept my card, but did get the steel bought. No paypal for me.

Chucked up a 4.25 round 3" long chunk of hot roll mystery steel, My guess is A-36.. Faced it. Drilled .375 1.5" deep and bored it out to .760. Cleaned up the out side.

Turned it around and centered it up in the 4 jaw. Cleaned up the out side, faced it and in three steps drilled it to .75 to accommodate a longer, fatter, boring bar.
            Bored to 2.15" diameter 2.625 deep.

It's still chucked up, still have bore about 3.35 diameter 1.75 deep.

When finished, this will be spacer that seats on the on the head of the machine, keeps the spindle locked in place and saves the bearing from any pressure. I plan to bolt another piece to this, that will be grabbed by the collet on end; and attach a tool holder to the other end.

Last edited by Mark Davis; 02-17-2020, 12:27 AM.

Comment

That's excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on that. Even a short video of your shaper attachment doing its thing would be really really cool.

Comment

Update,
                I have two pieces of 4140 to make actions, along with a couple peices for the falling blocks. Purchased some sqaure 3/16 HSS and started grinding the recomended 4 different cutters.

My shaper tool does not lock the spindle when the collet sucks it up against bearing housing. How to lock the spindle has been the subject of thought, but not much action yet.

Double sided tape would be almost to easy, just fitting the flat surface between the cup and the bearing housing. But the thought of it working at first, then giving way about the time the cut is finished has me spooked.

I'm more inclined to make a clamp on the top side of the spindle. The low speed chive for the drive belt looks like about the only thing to get clamp on.
                My Tormach has the tool carousel and air spindle release.

Comment

Working...
                X