Another Free Cad Program - DesignSpark Mechanical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Free Cad Program - DesignSpark Mechanical

This video is mostly mechanical in nature. I do not know how well it would do organic shapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXgMY3-hlgs
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Haven't played with it at all myself. I mostly use ViaCAD Pro for my own 3D modeling work.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Very interesting. I have been experimenting with Fusion 360 where I have made some individual parts. I am wondering how to and which 3D program is best to make a complete machine with a multitude of parts. That brings up a question with DesignSpark, can you keep different parts separate instead of having them merge together when they touch?
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

Make it fit.
      You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Like I said. I mostly use ViaCAD Pro. Just put it out there for the guys who are always looking for freebies.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
          Very interesting. I have been experimenting with Fusion 360 where I have made some individual parts. I am wondering how to and which 3D program is best to make a complete machine with a multitude of parts. That brings up a question with DesignSpark, can you keep different parts separate instead of having them merge together when they touch?
          You got one of the best ones Paul. Fusion will do what you describe easily, its pretty much the default.

Comment

Working...
          X